• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

srb2 CD gfx

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, test 3 is up.
New features:
starposts now look like the time changing ones from sonic cd, as suggested by internet explorer.
level text is mostly fixed. a few things are still of.
fixed NOWSONIC and SPECTILE images.
McNoc.png

VQDcx.png
VBUYB.png
Tim36.png
S1wUZ.png

download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?9qtmqe7306s3v90

Last edited:
UPDATE BUMP:
OK, so you know the act number? (The yellow number you can see in the screen shots above,)
Well, I realised sonic CD has a very unique style of one, highlighted here:
JaaH8.png

Anyways, thinking about changing it to that. Like so:
imcWR.png

Thoughts?
-------------------------------------EDIT-------------------------------------
got some WIP screen shots for everyone.
Mwn82.png
Se976.png

X13ev.png
Oma8r.png

oh, and here's the new life icons. The 2 big ones you see are screen capped form sonic 2 heroes, the changed to match sbr2's pallet, and then i added in the white outline. the small knuckles one is from sonic 3 and knuckles.
pGR40.png

Last edited:
UPDATE BUMP
hm.. no one appears to be commenting anymore...
oh, and test 4 is go. The level end screen is improved, all character icons are properly sized, and the hack is mostly done.
http://www.mediafire.com/?72zsb4bwlq8m1r7
Next, I hope to finish the hud (CSCORE isn't appearing, and some text related things aren't done) as well as change the character pics, the sunflower object, and maybe even the cursor. I even have plans to change some of the menu related things. I may post another demo halfway through if I get some feedback here.

The act text still needs reshaping, it looks sloppy. Don't resize every sprite like that; it looks ugly, keep the sprites the same size.

Although you're probably not going to be able to emulate that capital letter and yellow text, I say keep the one you're using right now, and everything seems to be improved.

Gracias. Although the text was messed up.. I kinda like it.
but what I like is second to what the people like. I'll fix it the best I can.

What do you think of the new checkpoints, seeing how you disliked the old ones?
text should be fixed. oh and
vLFMG.png

I did the legs on the sonic one. The image is from the sonic 2 beta.

Last edited:
UPDATE BUMP!
What should be the final demo here. Various menu text, character portraits, fixed text set, cursor image and a few other things. I can't actually find much more to add in, and I looked. I still have to change the race countdown, and a may change the boxes on the file select screen. Anything else I should add or change tell me. Otherwise, expect a release soon.
http://www.mediafire.com/?m99xxjcm9pru86k

Well, well; you've come a long way!

I like the cursor and flowers you've added, they're a nice touch! The only problems I see so far now being the S and G's on the level card text being a bit off, but you could easily reshape it, and Tails and Knuckles's life icons are too small at my resolution, try making them all the same size pixel-wise.

But hey, I really like what you've done, keep up the good work! ;)

ah man.. I thought i was done!
Oh, I've also created a monster.
attachment.php

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

UPDATE BUMP!
Any better?
jZJd0.png

Um, this is a graphic mod, graphic mods wouldn't include a feature such as that.

And it is already possible to do, it's just a tad complicated to do.

Could you post (or at least PM) a guide to doing so? I might try making some time period mods for the SRB2 levels.

I'd love to make a time periods mod, but I am horrible at level making, and I don't know how to program.

I actually haven't tried it yet, but it looks cool. Cd always was my favorite though. Also, is there anyway to put the entire cd level sprite in, rather than just the little gear thing with the number?

No offense, but the "Sonic can now be Super Sonic" looks sloppy, and the starpost looks too gaudy and pixelated. Maybe try filtering the sprites out with a SAL filter so they don't look like they've been resized in MSPaint. Either that, or smooth them out upon resizing.

Like this:
hq3x.png

I like the idea, though; I've always liked Sonic CD's artstyle.
Don't listen to this advice. These filters are ugly as sin. Just make sure you only scale sprites up by integer values (1x, 2x, 3x, etc; nothing weird like 1.578125x), and pixelation should be okay.

Alternatively, if you want to make the sprites look better when upscaling, you can modify the resulting upscaled art assets by hand - the human brain is better at analyzing curves and slopes than any of these algorithms, so you'd have a smooth line on that Yoshi sign instead of the jagged edge the SAI algorithm produces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back