• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

What would go after a beach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaotic Chao

horns Horns HORNS
Just need an opinion on what would go well after a beach level...
Don't say anything grass related please(ie: Green Hill).

You know what I'd do? I'd go find some old descriptions of levels from old OLDCs. From those descriptions, go make a map out of the mental picture that comes to mind of the level.

Also, put some lava underwater too. Think about it.

Ooh! Ooh! Pick me!
How about the beach leading to a cave?
Hm... Chaos Knux has a good idea too.

If the beach level has some Hawaiian influences, then a volcano stage after the beach would be fine as well.

I would think a boat ride where you're on a moving FOF and you try to stay on, even though it knocks all over the place. But then you crash into a rock and the boat sinks, so then in Act 2 you're underwater. The boat FOF would trigger once you touch it. And just incase you're in a netgame, there would be multiple boats. Like it?

I would think a boat ride where you're on a moving FOF and you try to stay on, even though it knocks all over the place.
FOFs cannot move horizontally, only vertically. PolyObjects can move horizontally, but they don't render flats and glitch up a lot, so the boat ride might not feel like a boat ride all that much.

Eruption Conduit Zone? *shot*

But seriously, you can put whatever you want after a beach level. This is Sonic the Hedgehog we're talking about. However, if you really want it to make sense sequentially, I'd agree with what was stated before me: boat ride, ocean floor, volcano, cave, etc. Any of those would work. Of all of them, I like the idea of an ocean floor level the best. You could make the REAL Deep Sea Zone (DSZ was awesome, but poorly named. Deep Ruin Zone might have been more apt.)

Does it matter?

I mean, the Single Player levels lead from an underwater ruins to a rainy castle to a desert. Unless you're planning on making a level pack with a specific plot, I don't really see what the point is.

I'd agree with what was stated before me: boat ride, ocean floor, volcano, cave, etc. Any of those would work. Of all of them
What, a boat that goes into an underwater cave inside a volcano?
Volcano Submarine Zone?

That would be incredibly difficult but awesome. And probably not that suitable for a second level (I presume it's a second level at least, beaches are usually the first level). Ocean floor seems the best choice.

Whatever level you have that is slightly harder than your beach. Difficulty curve is more important than a logical level progression.

Hmm... Let's see... I think after the mountain area, you can put a "Egg-Airship Zone".
Hu? What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back