Super Smash Bros Brawl (Label your Spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jojo777 said:
Is Brawl going to be compatible with gamecube controllers?

Even better, it doesn't even work with the normal wii remote! I love to see there's 1 game that goes back the old school way. Too bad they're gonna make Brawl a tiny bit slower then Super Smash Bros Melee.

It should only work with Wii classic controller or the Gamecube controller. Maybe some way it'll work with the wii remote, but officially Brawl is only for the Gamecube and Wii Classic controllers.

No, it's absolutely wrong. I distinctly remember them saying that it'd work with the normal Wii controller, because, face it, it'd be absolutely retarded business sense to do it any other way, since you'd be forcing people to buy extra crap that shouldn't be necessary. I know this isn't something Nintendo's innocent of (Crystal Chronicles, anyone?), but when they're advertising non-gamer-friendliness, they wouldn't be doing something entirely contrary to it.

The ONLY thing about the normal controller that Sakurai has mentioned is that motion-sensing likely won't be a major factor. That's it.

Seriously, where the HELL are you people getting this bullcrap?

Then cite EXACTLY where Nintendo said this. Saying "I heard" will not work - I need an actual article or press release.

Go on. I dare you.

Not once in that entire article did they say that they wouldn't be using the Wii remote at all. You'll have to do better than that.

That article talks about it not using much of the Wiimote's motion sensing. It never said anything about removing support for the device. You can still use the Wiimote to play Brawl.

I think you can use the normal wii remote to do few basic things like doing attacks or special attacks, but the move sensor is not supported, neither the shape of the wii controller. As I said, there's probably some way you can use the wii controller with(Homerun contest, anyone?), but it can't be used properly in the main game.

He's never once mentioned "the shape of the controller" - JUST the motion-sensing. Heck, I don't recall the Virtual Console controller being mentioned EVER. You're reading things that don't exist; jumping to conclusions that are completely false. For some reason, though, that's four people, now, who are. (At least FoxBlitzz sees what I'm seeing - thanks for the back-up).

In short, the standard Wii controller will work for the game just fine (provided you have a nunchuk) - it just won't have motion-sensing (because that wouldn't work in the context of the game, anyway). That's it. No more.

Main controls used in the SSB series: Control Stick, A, B, Shoulder Triggers

What the Wiimote has: Control Stick (Provided by Nunchuk), A, B, Shoulder Trigger. (Though only one)

Any questions? No? Good. Stop saying the Wiimote isn't gonna be used because it's more than capable. :|

While that's definitely exactly what I've been saying this entire time, didn't you just say...?

camo man said:
Maybe for homerun contest or the menu, but other then that the classic or gamecube controllers are used.
This argument is confusing.

JJames19119 said:
Main controls used in the SSB series: Control Stick, A, B, Shoulder Triggers

What the Wiimote has: Control Stick (Provided by Nunchuk), A, B,

Good thing both the triggers do the same thing. :P

Anyways, I doubt I'll use the Wiimote in SSBB at all. The game shouldn't play too differently to SSBM, so I'll probably just use the GC controllers.

SSBB is not designed for the wiimote. PERIOD

And I know cus I have no life and watch gamesites all day. Surely I would like to show you guys the source, but its not in English.

Go ahead. Show us anyway.

JJames compared the Wii remote to the Gamecube controller, and proved that it is more than capable of being a controller to SSBB. Also, as Shadow Hog said, it's just not good business sense to drop support for the system's main controller. Especially for a first/second-party developer.

Show us the source. My money is on low credibility.

On Youtube and other stuff. There was people making false videos of "newcomers" appearing in SSBB. Some newcomers would fit in greatly but others were just plain stupid. I would be like WTF if I saw a ridiculous character. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back