• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Emarald Realm WAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey blue-fox.

The only reason that first levels are usually terrible, I think, is because they have no motivation or direction. You just threw together a bunch of FOFs, and decided to quit right there. If you want your levels to NOT stink, you should try and make obstacles that you would expect to see in a Sonic game. You want to know why levels in Sonic adventure were so much fun? It's because they:

a) were not cramped, and had a lot of areas to explore and run through.

b) had obstacles that fit with the level, and weren't filled with random zig-zag blocks over pits.

While you work on your levels, be sure to ask yourself, "If I was someone else, would I have fun playing through this stage?"

light dasher said:
blue-fox said:
No, just, no, no city maps, they lead to role player and/or hangout servers and then getting the map banned or something

Tell that to the whole of STJR. Remember that they'll be making Dark City, an obvious City-themed zone.

I'm sure that if you make a city map correctly, n00bs won't want to use it for role-play because of eg. high difficulty, or no shops or other sort of buildings that usually cause n00bs to use it for role-play.

well now is to late to reply for that cause i already done one but now i need to get doom builder again :c

First, learn to spell beginning, second, the levels are too cramped, too short, too rushed, and the first level, has nothing to it, but some random things loosely strung together, I had the same problems when I first started out, try to have all 3 acts following one theme, not randomly changing it up, but I'm eager to see some new work, just slow down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back