Call of Duty Is the Best FPS Ever, And Here's Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bbop800

BboP
Greetings FPS fanatics.

It has come to my attention that the multiplayer first-person shooter Call of Duty: Modern Warfare series has gained heavy criticism by many "die-hard old-school true COD fans," as they call themselves. I have had just enough of this foolishness, and have decided to come up with the best evidence possible as to why these Call of Duty games actually prove to be the best of the best.

SALES

Ho-ly crap. This game sells like hotcakes. No, wait, it sells even MORE than hotcakes. Why on earth would you ever criticize a video game when it happens to break records every single time a new game is released? I mean, c'mon, seriously. Whenever I hear that a video game has sold the fastest on launch day ever in entertainment history, the first thing I would think of is "holysh- game of the year GOTY must buy nao"

KILLSTREAKS

WOAHHOLYCRAP, AC-130 BAM BAM BAM SPAWN ABUSING IS AWESOME this game is completely fair and balanced when it comes to the killstreak system. I mean, in MW2, you can use a NUKE to END THE GAME EARLY AND PISS EVERYONE OFF INCLUDING YOUR TEAMMATES. WOOAAAAAHHH-!!!

BEARDS
captain-priceboxart_160w-1.png

>>BEARDS ARE AMAZING<<

TEAMWORK

Get chopper gunner + Camp + Rest of the team doesn't do shit captures objectives and kills rest of enemy team = TEAMWORK

EFFORT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGtQt4eYaPc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VXyU0TNSPo

As you can see from these Youtube footages, Call of Duty isn't an easy game to master. It requires strategy, planning, and really good aiming skills. You have to plan where to place certain things, where to camp take cover, etc etc etc. Oh, and don't forget to quickscope a LOT during free-for-alls, that can almost guarantee you a good amount of kills. People will be VERY jealous of you after that!

CAMPAIGN LENGTH

You gotta admit, the campaigns are lengthier than the human mind can comprehend. 6 hours of gameplay is absolutely insane, especially when comparing to games like Half-Life 2. COD's campaigns are the equivalent of Jesus handing you a hoverboard from the future. It is WICKED fun, and very long-lasting.

CRITICS LIKE IT

Haven't you ever heard of the old saying; "Critics like it, so you should to"? Every COD player knows that! Just check out the scores it got on Metacritic!. But that's not all, people have absolutely loved the franchise the way it has been as well! Look at all of those scores!

MAPS

Oh man, where to start...
rust-layout.jpg

IT'S SO BIG
The games have HUGE multiplayer maps. No sign of linearity or crampedness whatsoever. MW3 especially has huge maps, possibly bigger than Battlefield 3's? It sounds like a stretch, but I think MW3's maps can easily compete with it's competitor.

-------------------

Overall, Call of Duty is an absolute must play for those who have never experienced the beauty of video games. You're looking at it right now, so why not get it? It's been around for a while, so it's only $60! Pretty good deal if you ask me. Then again, according to sales, you and your family members own at least least two copies that are kept in every household, so there's always that.

So what do you think? Do you think Call of Duty really deserved the foul hatred it gets?

Thank you for taking your time to read this message of absolute vital importance. Have a nice day.

I believe I'll have to argue with that, and pull Team Fortress 2 to the table.

First off, TF2 also has quite grand and detailed maps, while having much versatility, yet keeping the realism involved. It ALSO has maps developed by the community, AND by Valve itself.

It has multiple classes each with their own special abilities, and also with their own arsenal. You can even find items and change that weaponry of yours to suit your play style too! Not to mention you can get nifty hats to show off to other players and be decorative. Why have a beard when you can have a fat guy with a golden machine gun and an Elvis Presley hair doo?

Additionally, it had many sales.. enough to make it FREE TO PLAY. Yes, it got purchased so many times that it's now free for life. The only difference from people who paid from those that didn't is that those who paid and helped test the game get some hats. But thanks to those the game is now completely free. That's something you very rarely see in the video game industry.

Oh yes, critics like it. Very very much. Check out these reviews. It has no negative or mixed reviews from Critics. And the users agree with the critics too. It's generally a very favourable game.

It has a lot of teamwork in it. It literally frames players to a team to defend their own grounds and attack the other. It even offers many ways for teams to work together, like skills and buffs. It completely relies on teamwork! The fact that teamwork can take out even the hardiest of foes in this game says in itself that it is very successful at what it does.

Campaign? Some rounds of TF2 can last for a long time, especially Capture the Flag. "And by flag, we mean a glowing briefcase" (Quote, TF2 itself) The game modes work based on a time limit, rather than a kill limit! It takes out the stress of "Must get a triple kill HAHAHAH IM GONNA SPAWNKILL" out of the equation and instead gets players moving around and having their own targets. This is far more fun, and rarely do I see spawnkill occur (And even then, it's usually short-lived since the team has an ammo and health refill in the spawn)

The classes. There are nine classes, all if which are equally useful and are equally able to take over in battle. Each with their own unique style and abilities, they really add a lot to the heart of TF2's epic games.

There's a lot of effort to master TF2. You need to learn the classes and the ever-growing worlds. And they'll be releasing more items and more content that is actually FREE to update. The down-loadable content is totally free in every way, and is also made by the heart and soul of the consumers of the game, the TF2 players themselves.

Not to mention, this game has something that is deep that cannot be earned by anything else. The game is cartooney, and so lovable by it that it literally draws the player in right away. And once immersed in this lovely gem of a game, they;ll never be the same from it. IT has everything one may expect in a game, yet so much more. This game is so simple, seems so simple, yet there's so much to learn about it. It makes you come back for more, and more, and more..

But yeah, this is my personal opinion and critical choice of top FPS game. I don't think Call of Duty is a terrible game! I mean, it has surprisingly realistic and immersive graphics. But TF2 replaces that for a cartooney and unseen style.

Indeed the beards are not to be argue with. But TF2 has those things as I like to call HATS and BIZARRE things that even my jaw drop over.

Last edited:
This is a tough choice. While I can't deny the amazingness of those beards, TF2 has hats!
Indeed the beards are not to be argue with. But TF2 has those things as I like to call HATS and BIZARRE things that even my jaw drop over.

While TF2 may have hats (even beards!), it just isn't enough to overpower the deadly beardiness that is Captain Price. For one thing, Price's beard comes with the game absolutely free. You don't have to worry about getting a lucky find, trading other items, or buying them. Not to mention Price's beard is the real deal, he actually grew that beard himself, and it's not just an item/hat/misc that can be worn. Beardsbeardsbeards.

I believe I'll have to argue with that, and pull Team Fortress 2 to the table.

Oh boy here we go.

First off, TF2 also has quite grand and detailed maps, while having much versatility, yet keeping the realism involved. It ALSO has maps developed by the community, AND by Valve itself.

I dunno, TF2's maps look way too kiddish for me. Infinity Ward obviously makes the maps themselves, but Call of Duty also has MAP PACKS! They literally make new maps for you (with a bit of Price, if you know what I mean), so there's never a need for the community to waste their time making maps for the game. All you gotta do is pay your hard-earned cash to the developers and BAM! Like, five new freaking maps or something!

It has multiple classes each with their own special abilities, and also with their own arsenal. You can even find items and change that weaponry of yours to suit your play style too! Not to mention you can get nifty hats to show off to other players and be decorative. Why have a beard when you can have a fat guy with a golden machine gun and an Elvis Presley hair doo?

Call of Duty has it's own perks, deathstreak, and killstreak system! (Oh my god, seriously, you simply cannot argue with the killstreak system!) Items can be unlocked just by leveling up, and without praying to god that you find a really good weapon. Some of the best weapons in the game can actually be unlocked right from the start, too! You also get to play as a random character model, without ever having the need to pick a difficult choice between nine people! You can also unlock golden skins for all of your weapons in MW3, which actually takes time and effort to do, again, without having to FIND it out of extreme luck or buying it.

Additionally, it had many sales.. enough to make it FREE TO PLAY. Yes, it got purchased so many times that it's now free for life. The only difference from people who paid from those that didn't is that those who paid and helped test the game get some hats. But thanks to those the game is now completely free. That's something you very rarely see in the video game industry.

Free to play games tend to suck though, look at the free MMORPGs and other shitty games like Combat Arms! $60 is far worth the content if you ask me. Something you also rarely see in the video game industry is a single franchise breaking sales records throughout each and every single game that is released. It's frickin insane.

Oh yes, critics like it. Very very much. Check out these reviews. It has no negative or mixed reviews from Critics. And the users agree with the critics too. It's generally a very favourable game.

Same goes with Call of Duty, I have absolutely no idea where you're going with this.

It has a lot of teamwork in it. It literally frames players to a team to defend their own grounds and attack the other. It even offers many ways for teams to work together, like skills and buffs. It completely relies on teamwork! The fact that teamwork can take out even the hardiest of foes in this game says in itself that it is very successful at what it does.

Does it have killstreaks? NO? I thought so.

Campaign? Some rounds of TF2 can last for a long time, especially Capture the Flag. "And by flag, we mean a glowing briefcase" (Quote, TF2 itself) The game modes work based on a time limit, rather than a kill limit! It takes out the stress of "Must get a triple kill HAHAHAH IM GONNA SPAWNKILL" out of the equation and instead gets players moving around and having their own targets. This is far more fun, and rarely do I see spawnkill occur (And even then, it's usually short-lived since the team has an ammo and health refill in the spawn)

I'm not sure how or why lengthy rounds in TF2 relate to campaign modes at all. Getting KILLSTREAKS and TRIPLE KILLS and all that other stuff makes you feel like a god, and that's what makes Call of Duty so special.

The classes. There are nine classes, all if which are equally useful and are equally able to take over in battle. Each with their own unique style and abilities, they really add a lot to the heart of TF2's epic games.

Again, COD offers killstreaks, perks, weapons, attachments, equipment, and all that other crazy stuff, rather than needing to pick completely different people to do the job. It removes the stress of having to choose between so many people, each of which do so many different things.

There's a lot of effort to master TF2. You need to learn the classes and the ever-growing worlds. And they'll be releasing more items and more content that is actually FREE to update. The down-loadable content is totally free in every way, and is also made by the heart and soul of the consumers of the game, the TF2 players themselves.

Dude, everyone knows it's all about the freakin' MAP PACKS.

Not to mention, this game has something that is deep that cannot be earned by anything else. The game is cartooney, and so lovable by it that it literally draws the player in right away. And once immersed in this lovely gem of a game, they;ll never be the same from it. IT has everything one may expect in a game, yet so much more. This game is so simple, seems so simple, yet there's so much to learn about it. It makes you come back for more, and more, and more..

Not for me, I rage quitted after about ten tries trying to play this gametype called paveload or something where you push a nuclear bomb. Honestly, why push a stupid bomb when you can get 25 kills and just drop a bomb with the push of a button?

Before TF2 lovers come crashing down on me, this is obviously all a joke post (April 1st, man!). I absolutely adore TF2 and agree with everything said here.

Last edited:
Let us not forget, CoD is not alone with the ever-enticing beards.
With the inclusion of fanciful hats and facial hair, it's quite easy to pinpoint the superior shooter.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Last edited:
Edited my second post to add a shitload of quotes along with valid arguments.

Last edited:
I agree with all of your points completely.

Infact MW3 is much BETTER than ANY of the games in the Sonic franchise.

And also, I've heard crap about MW3 saying it's just like MW2 only with different maps! Blagh! Not only does it have different maps, but it... Nevermind! I don't need a reason!

i'm sorry, but you clearly miss what is obviously the BETTER shooter around. What is it?

Daikatana.

Yes. Daikatana. After 3 years in development, it truly was worth the wait.

John Romero turned from being the suckiest game developer to being a mastermind. Doom, Quake, Wolfenstein 3D? They all sucked, IMO. Daikatana helped me forget.

It has a great plot. Who doesn't love split timelines causing several plot flaws? I do.

The gameplay is amazing, especially on the Nintendo 64 version. I love how you have to hold R and press A to crouch, and how I was stuck in an area for 20 minutes with no way of getting through. I honestly thought I won the game.

The graphics are better than any mediocre shooter you put in front of me.
Half-Life? Beat.
Doom? Who cares?
Team Fortress 2? You bet your ass Daikatana wins.
Battlefield 3? Holy hell, that game looks terrible.

The AI was so smart, I must've died like, once because they shot as me while I went to make a sandwich with my toes. The bosses are especially smart. I almost got slashed when I strafed to this one guy's back and drained his health to none.

If you don't have an N64 to play this on, go play the PC version. I heard they copied almost everything from the N64 version back over.

I see UltimaXtreme and I feel the same way about true art. I feel Daikatana is the true first person shooter masterpiece of our time. Hardly for just the polished gunplay alone, but the way the journey of Hiro is shown, along with his memorable companion Superfly Johnson.

Some people have complained about the constant green used all over the game. But you see, this was all part of John Romero's great VISION. The green represents the greed of man, and the harsh effects it has on enviroment, with the robo mosquitoes representing those who would wish to suck us dry, and the robo frogs representing... OK, I've got no idea, there.

And truly our protoganist is one of gaming's most compassionate heroes, for he treats the lives of his two companions very dearly. After all, if one of them can perish, he is so invested in their lives he cannot find the strength to continue. Would Commander Shepard give so much thought to his allies to cease his adventure in memorial of their lost lives? No, he wouldn't.

John Romero's advertising may have seemed boastful, almost crude. But he was truly proud of his work, as we should all be, as it takes the classic FPS formula we've grown accustomed to for so long and changes it in ways we never could have imagined.

Last edited:
Why could we not have a game that simply has beards and hats?

People must think about these things some times.

How about head, body and leg parts of costumes?

Simply said, SMNC has the best costume customization of any possible FPS. What's best? You don't need to pay to get any of these parts, uh-huh no way, not unlike some other fortress FPS and/or clockwork-venturing MMO.

Everything in that game is FREE, ABSOLUTELY FREE. Taunts, costume parts, classes. EVERYTHING is unlocked at the very beginning.

I am SO surprised nobody spoke of it yet; it's like the most known FPS above Daikatana and others.

TF2? MW3? What is that? I only know SMNC!

What's SMNC?

Super Monday Night Combat. Basically, imagine TF2 meets your favorite Defense of the Ancients clone with the premise of Smash T.V. If you want, the original Monday Night Combat is also available - the main difference between the two is that Super MNC has League of Legends' business model - large numbers of classes, with microtransactions required to keep playing your favorites. (Of course, you'll probably be able to spend in-game currency to unlock Pros, but who cares about such proletariat?)

Everything in that game is FREE, ABSOLUTELY FREE. Taunts, costume parts, classes. EVERYTHING is unlocked at the very beginning.

That's because you're playing the beta. Once the game goes live, all of that will be yanked behind the pay-wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back