Christmas 2011 & Happy New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

It is soon to be Christmas, along with starting out with a new year!

Anyone doing something special? If it goes well, I'm having a close friend/family coming over for Christmas. Christmas is also my birthday so I guess it'll be 2x the specialness.

What did you get (Or GOING to get) for Christmas? I already bought quite a few things so here there are.

Mario & Luigi - Bowser's Inside Story
Sonic Colors DS (Currently playing! I wanted to open a present early.)
Metroid: The Other M
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Mario Strikers Charged
Garry's Mod + Audiosurf

The only thing I know I'm getting is an Xbox. I bought a copy of Sonic Generations and Skyrim (the last one they had in the store that day!) in anticipation of this.

Elsewise, I don't really know if I'm getting anything else, and I certainly can't buy anything for anyone due to having no money, which naturally makes me feel like a guilty slob.

Let me see.

I know I'm getting:

• Money to finish up my Yu-Gi-Oh deck
  • Sonic Generations
Possibly getting:

• LoZ: Skyward Sword
  • Sonic CD (PSN release whoo)

And some other stuff which I can't think of right now

Merry Christmas indeed.

For Christmas, the important thing for me is spending time with my family and friends from home again after spending a term living at University in student accomodation. (Being able to eat proper meals again is nice too, mind you)

For the most part, I'm quite clueless about what is underneath the Christmas tree for me this year and I'm in no position to play lots of games for the time being. So I can safely cross those off my list.

But I do know that there is a copy of 'Snuff' by Terry Pratchett, which is fantastic. Perhaps even better, is that I know I will also be recieving the DVD of Redline which is such a gorgeous, beautiful film and is nothing short of bloody amazing, leaving me nothing short of ecstatic to know that this anime is a christmas present.

Last edited:
I'm going to get a new laptop for christmas. I will post the specs and a picture of the desktop when i find out.

Got some epic stuff on Steam (Garry's Mod, thanks furyhunter, Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee, and VVVVVV) as well as upgraded TF2 to premium, and getting Skate 3, ModNation Racers, Heavy Rain, and Sonic the Hedgehog (Yes, I truly mean that one.)

I'm going to peek at the presents my mom got me, and switch the new ds games for the old, just like every christmas.

I'v already gotten a Laptop stand from my brother, but I'm not sure what else I'm getting. Hopefully the other Scott Pilgrim novels I don't have.

My list in a nutshell (of what I hope to get):

- iPod Touch

-Video Games

- Clothes

- Other junk

Last edited:
Merry Christmas!

I can't say as I'm doing anything extra special this year, sadly. We're not having anyone over for Christmas, for whatever silly reason. I think it's mostly because a ridiculous little division between my aunt and mother. That and the fact that my mom is absolutely inhospitable. I know it's partly my fault that the division happened, so I'm going to have to give her a call and work it all out tomorrow. :/

As for presents and stuff, I got all my shopping done. I didn't have to do much, except for my little sister. The rest I just collaborated with others on. Shopping for my sister was quite fun though. She absolutely loves wooden miniatures, so I took a walk through some of the aisles at A.C. Moores and found a nice wooden barn, and three quite ornate chests that I know she is going to go nuts for when she sees them. My brother did likewise. Him and I paid a visit to Michael's, and browsed around the bead aisle. Took him a little while to find something that would appeal to her, though, because his tastes are very spartan and 'masculine'. Of course, he used that as an opportunity to flirt with the clerk there, and ask her opinion. I know he was flirting, because he could have just asked me. :p

As for me, I know I'm getting some nice recording equipment so I can record Violin and whatever else I choose, and a Greek New Testament that I should have bothered to obtain a long time ago.

Also, though I've got my shopping done, I might get a copy of the Humble Indie Bundle #4 + 3 for my brother, mother, sister, and I, because we'd all enjoy it. Not that I have much time to play games at the moment, but I might as well get them while they're such a deal. I've wanted to play Super Meat Boy and Jamestown for a while now.

I only got 3 games on my list: Super Mario 3D Land, Sonic Generations 3DS, and Cave Story 3D. I'm getting an External Hard Drive with my funds instead, but apparently someone will get that for me, so I will probably just preorder things.

...This Christmas came by SO fast. Its like "oh man I can't wait for Christmas", and then it was here and I'm wondering how that even happened!

For Christmas, I'm getting me Super Mario 3D Land, an XBox 360 wireless gaming reciever, and wireless headphones.

I've been getting packages by mail and I'm having my auntie over. (She won't let me open at least ONE present! :P)
My auntie's really annoying and she's doing her best to make my Christmas as bad as possible.

I got a 3DS with Ocarina of Time so far. I know I'm getting Ghost Trick, which is a real good game as I have been told. Other than that, I got a Dragon Ball Z shirt and a Zelda shirt from a friend of mine. I told one of my friend's to get me BlazBlue Continuum Shift II for 3DS, along with another to help me get a 3DS R4.

Christmas seems to have sneaked-up on me this year. I was pretty preoccupied with finals this semester and nobody in my family strongly wants anything specific, so Christmas is coming without much hoopla this year. I will take a couple of days off to visit my grandparents and other family in Kansas City, which I do only once in a blue moon, so that'll be kind of nice.

Due to the Season, I suppose, I rented "The Muppet Christmas Carol" last night, which is a lot better than I remembered. The actor who played Scrooge performed perfectly in his role.

This year I do actually want a specific present, rather than the usual "just get me money". I've asked for a DVD of the Sarah Silverman Program, which I adore. Silverman is such a spoiled brat in that show, but she's a hilarious spoiled brat.

Hope you guys have a nice holiday, whatever you do.

Last edited:
My grandparents are over this Christmas, and I've got plenty of presents under the tree. It just feels so wrong that I've only bought a present for one person out of my own free will. :(

Merry Christmas, anyways!

Last year we really didn't get much of anything, but this year was certainly different.

Though, the biggest gift I've gotten so far was my oldest brother visiting us from Texas. So, that was a big surprise for me. Haven't seen him in eight years, so we are catching up on a lot of things.

Also have some presents under the tree this year, which I wasn't aware of until this morning. I'm itching to see what my folks got everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back