• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Eggman. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invertin

While trying to get an entirely different result, I accidentally discovered an interesting combination of variables for a unique gameplay.

Problem was, I had to fit a character to the gameplay. All I came up with was Eggman in a rocket belt.

Eggman.png

Why is he wearing his adventure onwards costume? Time shenanigans.

I've got a playable .wad, but no graphics apart from the above (at the moment it uses SonicCE's sprites, since that was my base). I might post it as is just to see if anyone else likes the playstyle.

In any case, critique on the sprites or anything would be graet.

Very cool. I think this'll be pretty interesting. Finally eggman isn't sitting in his chair like a fatass :P

Might as well explain it. It's not very complex at all.

It's basically just infinite Thok. But I discovered when playing with it that infinite thok is amazingly fun, amazingly fast, and challenging to control. Initially the character was just sonic with infinite thok, but now I've modified it so that he moves very slowly normally.

So he runs slower than tails, but when using his ability, moves faster than Sonic (and is much harder to control). To balance out the slowness of his normal movement, he jumps twice as high, so precision platforming is still possible. He definately has a unique playstyle.

The result is a slow moving fat man, or a fat man bouncing up and down while moving at mach 5.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back