Break a spin bust block to make water rise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezer'Arch

ArchPack 2.5 is on the way
It's simple. Player breaks a spin bust block and then the water rises flooding the room. I said it would be simple. But I couldn't get it to work.

Wiki says (Linedef Type 255):

If the Effect 5 flag is checked, a linedef executor will be activated when the block is shattered. In this situation, the tag of the linedef executor to activate is determined by the length of the controlling linedef.
Even following the wiki, something isn't working. Check my sample:

Sample: download (fixed)

EDIT: As I had copy-pasted a section of my map in a separate wad, it went without player starts and lots of redwalls. Fixed. Redownload it please.

Last edited:
I thought the Effect 5 flag worked as a trigger. And the wiki isn't correct or is imprecise.

The way how it's written there, I understand that any linedef executor can be activated by Effect 5 flag, not only linedef executor triggers.

Finally I got it working: download

Thanks.

Last edited:
The way how it's written there, I understand that any linedef executor can be activated by Effect 5 flag, not only linedef executor triggers.
I though it was obvious that you always need a trigger for every linedef executor, no exceptions. But you're right. The wording was imprecise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back