Which level do you like/hate the most in SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually surprised I didn't know this.

Maybe it varies with where you're taught, but I learned it in a History class I needed to pass Highschool my sophomore year. I thought everybody had to take the same lessons, unless you're not from the same country. In that case I'm sorry.

But anyway, about levels, I've tried different music in all the levels and I thought the volcano level's sounded great with Eggrock, Eggrock's sounded good with Deep Sea Zone act 2 and Deep Sea Zone's sounded good with Castle Eggman Zone 2. I don't think any song sounds good with the volcano zone, even it's own. xD

hmmm.......hard. ill say my faviorates would be arid cannion, because its hard for me and awesome music, egg rock both acts. just so hard the second and an epic music in the first.

however......i really think greenhill zone is just to easy! even as a tutorial level, as tails without flying i can nearly do it in no time! without a single ring! its just so lacking.

i like dpz because its hard. and if you look, there are plenty of water bubbles. and im surprised that ssntails posted in this! wow! awesome! bottom line.......most levels in this game are awesome.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
i will destroy you all where i stand, and take over this world as the darkness as my genral and the eggfreak doctor as my slave! MUHAHAH!

My favorite is Egg rock, it is just awesome! It's INSANELY hard... But it's beautiful! Perfect "evil base" styled level!
My most hated is Arid canyon! Too easy until the last ropes part (where it becomes INFERNALLY HARD) The colorscheme hurts my eyes, and the music gets annoying!

My favourite time. :3

Coop
Favourite: Red Volcano Zone - I love this level, especially as it's now netplay compatible. Trying to beat it as Sonic is pretty fun, especially near the waves.
Worst: Egg Rock Zone - Pointless gimmick after pointless gimmick. I used to find this hard, but now it's just annoying, especially the sigsegvs. Nice music though. :3

Match
Favourite: Meadow Match Zone - It's a classic! A plain area, move or you get shot, 'nuff said. It's a pretty Sonic-only map though, which somewhat annoys me.
Worst: Sapphire Falls Zone - It's the marmite affect. I have no idea why I hate the level, i just do. It's got good design and all that, I just plain dislike the level.

I haven't played RACE or CTF enough to remember those channels, so I'll just post these~

hmmm.......hard. ill say my faviorates would be arid cannion, because its hard for me and awesome music, egg rock both acts. just so hard the second and an epic music in the first.

however......i really think greenhill zone is just to easy! even as a tutorial level, as tails without flying i can nearly do it in no time! without a single ring! its just so lacking.

i like dpz because its hard. and if you look, there are plenty of water bubbles. and im surprised that ssntails posted in this! wow! awesome! bottom line.......most levels in this game are awesome.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
i will destroy you all where i stand, and take over this world as the darkness as my genral and the eggfreak doctor as my slave! MUHAHAH!

Greenflower* and it was actually pointed out in the thread why it's piss easy.

Some levels play better in netgames (read don't lag as much or crash), so I guess it is fair to differentiate. The official SP levels aren't really made for coop though. Some of them don't even work well in race. We are going to fix some of the race issues in 2.0.5 though.

Last edited:
Some levels play better in netgames (read don't lag as much or crash), so I guess it is fair to differentiate. The official SP levels aren't really made for coop though. Some of them don't even work well in race. We are going to fix some of the race issues in 2.0.5 though.

i guess. i like to do all the stages in coop, because i prefer coop to single player, because of more people.

My favorite is Egg rock, it is just awesome! It's INSANELY hard... But it's beautiful! Perfect "evil base" styled level!
My most hated is Arid canyon! Too easy until the last ropes part (where it becomes INFERNALLY HARD) The colorscheme hurts my eyes, and the music gets annoying!

when you say its INSANELY hard, i can finish the frist act easy. but i cant do the second. ive heard its harder then mystic realm.

-----------------------------------------------
call to the shadows and create chaos......

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you call Match levels "Tag Levels" or "Hide & Seek Levels" because you can play Tag or H&S in them?

Single Player levels aren't designed with Coop in mind. Don't consider the Single Player levels "Coop levels", because they really aren't.

I thought I already posted in this topic. Anyway in terms of Singleplayer, I'm obviously not happy with either Castle Eggman Zone, but you guys don't need my explanation for that.
One level that has bugged me from the beginning and still bugs me is Red Volcano Zone 1. The level just feels dated and uninspired. Nev3r did make it feel a little bit more fleshed out, and I did start work on a new texture set for it, but it is still rather repetitive. Several of the gimmicks are rather repetitive (collapsing rocks and the rising/falling lava doesn't get much more interesting after the first room).

In terms of multiplayer, Icicle Falls Zone needs work on the bases to make them more defensible. It's actually already been revised but CTF is not high enough on the priority list for the revision to go into 2.0.5. As for Terminal Turmoil Zone, the level doesn't take advantage of the space it takes up. Fixing that will take a lot of careful planning and I get the impression that it needs to come from someone who has not at some point utterly butchered the level to figure out an experimental gimmick.

I'm fairly satisfied with most of the match maps. The ones I don't like are mostly due to personal preference, with the exception of Meadow Match which I feel does not work as well in the new system as it had in the old one. It still works though, and the entire point is that it does not get reworked.

Maybe I'm weird, but I think that GFZ2 is the best map in SRB2. It's large, has tons to explore, and you can easily spend about 20-30 minutes there without getting bored. ERZ is fun, but it's just not the same as GFZ2. ACZ1 is almost as good, but something about it doesn't work for me as much as GFZ2 does.

Single Player levels aren't designed with Coop in mind. Don't consider the Single Player levels "Coop levels", because they really aren't.

Calling a match level a match level instead of hide and seek is still considering other players can 'have a match' in it even if it's a different kind of match. Calling a level a 'single player' level implies that co-op isn't possible or even supposed to happen. Calling a level a co-op level implies hat it's meant for co-op, which even if they aren't, doesn't it implies it's possible. I use both meanings because it feels like a lesser evil to me to imply a level is a co-op level that can be played with one player than to imply a level is only meant for one player and co-op is a bad thing or not meant to happen. It's a psychological thing, really.

Or just call them main game levels since that's what they are.

Calling a level a 'single player' level implies that co-op isn't possible or even supposed to happen. Calling a level a co-op level implies hat it's meant for co-op, which even if they aren't, doesn't it implies it's possible.
If you were going by this, a "coop level" would imply that it's only completable with cooperation. It's a single player level because it's designed for single player, that's all.

Or just call them main game levels since that's what they are.
No, they are single player stages. That's what they are designed to be and any support they happen to have for coop was added as an afterthought, if at all. Our match stages are match stages, despite occasionally working for tag mode. This is not about what gametypes the level can run, it's about the gametype the level was intended for. Sure, you COULD play match in GFZ1 but I really don't think it'd play all that great and it's clearly not what the stage was designed to do. GFZ1 was designed as a single player stage, and so were all the rest of the single player stages in the game. There are no "coop levels" in SRB2. There are simply single player stages that support cooperative play as an option.

Maybe I'm weird, but I think that GFZ2 is the best map in SRB2. It's large, has tons to explore, and you can easily spend about 20-30 minutes there without getting bored. ERZ is fun, but it's just not the same as GFZ2. ACZ1 is almost as good, but something about it doesn't work for me as much as GFZ2 does.

If you know where to go, GFZ2 has a recursive design, which ACZ1 does not. Basically, GFZ2 is the most nonlinear level in the game. Not that I think we should TRY to make these other levels nonlinear in like manner. GFZ2 works because it can be fairly short and straightforward. ACZ1 might be too long and THZ1 is too simplistic. (though with a little work, both could be given a vaguely similar dynamic)

ACZ1 has a similar design, actually. The paths cross at so many stages that it can be just as dynamic as GFZ2 if you want to play that way. THZ1, well, is so incredibly linear that it wouldn't work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back