• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SA2B mod -- Beta 1 --

Status
Not open for further replies.
But i dont have to do all what people wants. I dont aks you how to make board parts because i personally dont like them. And I dont see a problem on the textures, all said "Oh my eyes!!" (¿?) It dont hurt dudes.

I think I will release a last (public) version soon to finish this. I havent seen progress on Crazy Gadget or Aquatic mine, so, I really dont know what to do with that levels...

I will not remove the music, it s very important in a Sonic-based mod
You do realize how damn annoying you're being by flat-out refusing to listen to any of your criticism? You aren't listening to suggestions, you don't fix the problems, and you insist that what you want is the right way to go. We realize it's your mod, but if you aren't gonna please the community, don't release the damn thing at all.
The level design is terrible, the graphics are ugly and don't fit at all, and the entire mod is a sloppy mess. It seems very lazy that you haven't done some things in the game which are extremely basic, such as simple switches. You're missing a lot of the gimmicks that were in the original game, and your "replacements" are terrible or lazy.

Last edited:
The textures are absolutely appalling, and it plays pretty badly. Seriously, you should really take Luminous's advice.

At this point, you really need to stop your stubbornness and really listen to what you're being told. Stop giving us this "I can't do that!" or "This is the best way!" bull****. If you can't do something, then either find an alternative to make it work, or ditch the concept altogether. And if everyone giving you feedback says that something isn't working, then for God's sake, FIX IT. No, Pumpkin Hill is definitely not a good level, let alone the best in the pack. No, the textures do not work whatsoever, stop insisting that they do. No, this mod is not good in any way.

Either start actually listening to criticism, or stop releasing wads to the public.

Speak for your self guys, even though he really needs to listen to your criticism, its not a finished product and has lots of potential. STHE123O listen and improve but don't quit.

Speak for your self guys, even though he really needs to listen to your criticism, its not a finished product and has lots of potential.

Don't even try and talk as if you know what his mods are like, you're completely off. He does this with every single project he undertakes, the old SRB2 Heroes mod, the Omega wad and now this one. Throughout all of these mods, he's never adapted to criticism and never tried to make it better according to what everyone who plays the mod says. He never seems to want to make a good quality wad, he simply makes wads for the sake of production rather than perfection (if I believe that was the quote by BW on IRC).

Personally, I will be thoroughly surprised if this one does turn out differently, in that STHE123O actually goes over the criticism on his wads and improves the levels to higher standards.

Will the Chaos Emeralds be replaced? I can see that the Master Emerald sprites will but there has GOT to be a way to replace both. And what about the SFX? I recently learned how to edit the SFX without it turning ear raping bad. I also got my hands on some SA2 Sonic SFX. If you want them then it might take some time though.

SFX? that s a good idea. Maybe i can add the jump SFX (if you have it, of course)

And yeah, I pt the Master Emerald pieces sprites in the emerald hunt levels. I dont know if I must replace the other emeralds

SFX? that s a good idea. Maybe i can add the jump SFX (if you have it, of course)

And yeah, I pt the Master Emerald pieces sprites in the emerald hunt levels. I dont know if I must replace the other emeralds
I have the SA2 jumping,spindash, Sonic homing, and spindash release SFX. You could also try replacing the emeralds with the ones from SRB2Riders or GraphicX8000v2.wad. Btw, some Shadow WADs(like supershadow.wad) have edited SFX. From what I remember, SA2 had different jump SFX for Shadow. It was re-used in Sonic Heroes and I have the ripped Shadow jump SFX. Whenever my other crappy comp(the one with SRB2 on it)s Internet comes back I can send the SFX.

But i dont have to do all what people wants. I dont aks you how to make board parts because i personally dont like them. And I dont see a problem on the textures, all said "Oh my eyes!!" (¿?) It dont hurt dudes.
Alrighty, I'm going to take some offense to this post, despite being almost a week old, because quite simply this defeats the entire point of this section.

The Editing section is for posting WIPs and getting feedback, then fixing your WAD to fix issues.

That's not what you're doing here. You're posting something with clear, major flaws (god-awful painful texturing) and then handwaving the objections of the entire community by saying "looks good to me" and doing nothing about it. If you're just going to ignore all the feedback you get about your WAD, why have this topic at all?

You don't have to abide by every single person's suggestions, but when an overwhelming proportion of the responses involve the same problem there is an exceedingly high likelihood you need to change your work to fix the issue. If you're not going to do so I see no reason to keep this topic unlocked.

I think that everybody here needs to listen to STHE360. All this time he's been showing how the wad has been improved. He even said that he'll post another beta later, yet people look at the first download link and all of the sudden just accuse him of making a horrible wad. He's only not listening to your feedback because he knows the problems and he's fixing them. Sure the wad looks horrible as it is now, but if you look at earlier posts, it shows that he's trying to change that. So just give him at least a second chance.

I think that everybody here needs to listen to STHE360. All this time he's been showing how the wad has been improved. He even said that he'll post another beta later, yet people look at the first download link and all of the sudden just accuse him of making a horrible wad. He's only not listening to your feedback because he knows the problems and he's fixing them. Sure the wad looks horrible as it is now, but if you look at earlier posts, it shows that he's trying to change that. So just give him at least a second chance.

No, YOU listen to what we ALL are saying and have BEEN saying for the past 9 pages; he's saying he WONT change some things, he's being completely indifferent to most opinions, and while he may be changing SOME things, he won't change a LOT of issues. He's been like this for the other things he's made, and he has not changed at all. Unless he himself is willing to change, this wad will not change much either.

The general consensus states that the textures are god-awful, so you should really listen to them and DO something about it even if you like it that way. You don't win over a lot of people if you ignore the things they are saying.

Also, the file size is simply enormous. If you don't want to get rid of the music so much, offer it in a separate wad and for god's sakes convert them to OGG format.

You're stating as well that the next version is going to be better, but so far we have no proof that that is the case. Either show us something, or stop saying "The next version is going to be better" since we don't that if that's the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back