Good Genesis games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoJames

I was at a thriftstore and they had a Genesis for 4 bucks...so...I bought one...

Problem is, it didn't come with a game, so I was wondering...what are the best Genesis games out there? I'm looking for a good co-op game by the way.

Oh...and I have Sonic Mega Collcection on the Gamecube, so I'm not going to get the classic Sonic games yet.

Away from Sonic I've always enjoyed:
  • Streets of Rage 2 (very good co-op gameplay, this one I recommend the most)
  • Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure
  • Bubsy
  • Mortal Kombat 3
  • The Duel: Test Drive II
  • Disney's Alladin
  • Battletoads
  • Virtua Racing (might be kinda rare)

For good co-op, I'd go with "The Lost Vikings", its a tag team game where one character can run and jump, another can shoot and fight with a sword and the last just stands there with a shield or floats away.

For good singleplayer, Ecco is pretty neat. I've played Ecco: Tides of Time, and when its not frustratingly hard, its quite enjoyable.

If you don't have them on compilations I'd strongly suggest Ristar, Vectorman 1&2, and Kid Chameleon. They all have unique gameplay and I enjoyed them whenever I got the chance. Kid Chameleon also has co-op but it is turn based, so it might be slightly boring, but it does get cool when players start taking seperate paths through the game.

And thats not including Sonic. ;)

Yes, Ristar and Kid Chameleon are must-haves.
They're some of the best Genesis/Megadrive games I've ever played.
Kid Chameleon can get pretty hard and even frustating sometimes, but it's also that makes it fun and longer.

gunstar-cover.jpg

My suggestions

Golden Axe 1

My favourite fantasy adventure game. Kinda like final fantasy but goes through scroll sided levels like in Super Mario bros.

Super Hang on, the most classic motorbike racing game. Tough, but fun.

Alex Kidd, the enchanted castle.

Looks cartoony, but the adventure is fantastic (one platformer I recoommend)

Altered beast, a Strategy/fighting adventure game. Gets more challenging after beating sets of enemies and bosses, and the levels itself.

Kid chameleon. I also quite enjoyed this one too. Quite a big platform adventure.

Those are what I've got for now.

I remember a game called World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck (Wiki link). It had a pretty good co-op thing going.
I used to love that game (I think. I remember playing through it several times, anyway. And enjoying it). And I think the co-op thing was fun.
Mind, this is based on a memory of... Perhaps 6 years ago. My genesis broke, and the game was sold at a garage sale.
So, the game may or may not turn out to suck.
I don't think it did, though.

furyhunter600 said:
Gunstar Heroes for the win.

If not, try Terminator 2.

That was hard... it took forever to kill the baddies and then they'd morph into stuff...

If you like puzzle/platformer mixes and don't mind SP, I would reccomend Flashback... It does have an amnesia/alien story element, but I really enjoyed it. The missions in the second level were really fun from what I remember. It is somewhat slow paced, and somewhat difficult from what I remember. Oh, and its not scrolling, you enter and leave screens making it somewhat cumbersome at times.

Mobygames: Flashback

Another fun one was Demolition Man, it was pretty hard but I kind of enjoyed it... It switched between side-scrolling platforming and top-down play. The side-scrolling was very fast and difficult (except at the end of the monorail level which had timed hazards). The top down was flat out annoying and tiresome. The bosses were painfully hard and the furthest I got was Zip Line (best vertical level I remember playing) which was the last level for easy difficulties. However what I do remember was pretty fun.

Mobygames: Demolition Man

If you can put up with SP, then you may want to look into these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back