• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

"Character Bosses"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys... has anyone thought about character bosses yet?

Ya know, besides the obvious 'vs Eggman' Battles. Like '.vs shadow' or something like that.
I'd try to do something that, but alas, I am a wadding noob. *tear*

Can someone help me out here?

PS even if this is possible, can you switch the actions the boss does?
(eggman fires missile; shadow spindashes; metal sonic does that cheap ass "Jump-up-and-owns-everything-in-sight-technique" lmao)

Currently there is one boss with the different abilities. You can switch what weapons he uses with SOCs, but don't ask me how.

I'm making a Metalsonic and mecha knux boss wad it's pretty good I'll probably release the unfinished beta thing in the next couple of weeks so look out for it.

i've made a super sonic boss for 1st and last boss, it's just a ripoff of Zeshiros so im not realesing it without his permission, or not realesing it at all or somthing

I've been working on a Dark Sonic boss for awhile. Before you ask, it is possible to:

Spindash (For a random length of time)
Homing Attack (For a random length of time)
Drop rings when he gets hit (Though I'm not sure I can make the rings vanish)

I haven't tried with the freaky, fly up then down, death sequence. I'll get back to you on that one.

Draykon said:
it is possible to:

Spindash (For a random length of time)
Homing Attack (For a random length of time)
Drop rings when he gets hit (Though I'm not sure I can make the rings vanish)

Draykon you're awesome. That's exactly what I need to know, cause I'm thinking of making an Adventure-type Mod w/ the help of @C. I know I'm not the only one, but if anyone is intrested please let me know...

...hey, what's with the rings? If you could get hit and rings scatter, couldn't you in theory use that same code, only for the boss?

Revived topic, but it looks interesting.

I'd say that it is. But you'd have to edit the srb.srb2 file. I can, however see where it goes. It'd take Some Soc editing supremecy, but it's possible. Shoot, I could design one easily, but the amount of time that it takes pisses me the hell off.

Erm, it would take nothing more than a single SOC file to make an Evil Sonic boss. Though Knuckles or Tails would require you to put Tails and Knux's sprites into a seperate WAD.

Dark Mystic said:
marinemechX2 said:
metal sonic does that cheap ass "Jump-up-and-owns-everything-in-sight-technique" lmao)

If you are talking about Sonic the Fighters...I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN.

LMAO yep yep!! I was sooo close too!!....

Back on topic, I'm actually learning how to make levels now...
Heh, I THINK I have ADD. So this is gonna be difficult for a awhile.
But I was thinking that I might be going a bit too far right now, so I'm gonna start off with making a 'Sonic-Adv Sonic.wad' Just to see if I can really do this...

then maybe even a doomsday act 1 wad... 0.0 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back