• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Mr. Game & watch!

Should I?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chaos_sonic

I am working on a new project called Mr. Game & Watch from smash bros. melee and I know he is not perfect but tell me what you think of the idea, Oh and screenshots.

play1tp9.png

play1hz6.png

playc1wo0.png

That looks nothing like Mr. Game and Watch - Try and get some sprite rips from Super Smash Bros. Melee.

That'd still look a tad off; all the sprites I've ever seen of G&W are small and 2D, so you'd have to put a lot of editting in them to actually feel right in the game.

Boy do I feel bad trying to draw him myself.
EDIT: Oh and thanks for the sprites lightdasher.

I have been trying to test the wad but and I know you are gonna call me a noob for this but how do I turn it into a wad with slumped without it going signal segment or what ever it is?

Wow.. This is kinda bad

It's a 2D wad, and he doesnt even step all the time when he moves.

His legs are apart when he's standing. But the throwing bacon is awsome.

And he doesnt turn to the side, its just one frame, all the time.

Neither sprite sheet is good. You can tell that they're made for use in comics rather than in games because they both only have one walking frame.

How about a review, hmm? ;P

Okay, first off, I DID say the sprites had to be editted to look right. You cannot put a small, sidescrolling spritesheet into a character wad and leave it like that. It needs to be editted so that it has all poses for other directions and so that it's larger without looking pixely. Yes, I am saying you have to do this yourself.

Second, the life text looks... weird. edit it so it looks somewhat like the default text, never mind the color.

Third, the character's stats aren't bad; the only problem I have is that G&W is about as slow as Amy, if not slower. I personally would prefer it to be a bit faster, but it's your decision.

As a plus, the bacon was a good addition. =P

5/10

You need to edit the spritesheet or make your own. Without it, I can't consider this a good wad. I'm not discouraging your wad-making, I'm simply giving you the constructive critique to move forward. Heed this review well, and I look forward your next wad/update.

Sorry for this bump, but I just remembered that I had these other sprites. I think there is more movement animations in there.

I accidentally posted that one. Now that I think about it I am not sure where it came from. :?

1-Up said:
Sorry for this bump, but I just remembered that I had these other sprites. I think there is more movement animations in there.
[image]

1. That's not a bump.
2. Those sprites are extremely small. Can you imagine those tiny little things trying to beat up Robotnik and succeeding? o_O

Blue Warrior said:
1-Up said:
[image]

1. That's not a bump.
2. Those sprites are extremely small. Can you imagine those tiny little things trying to beat up Robotnik and succeeding? o_O

I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back