• no way!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • maybe....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Candescence

Sorry if this topic is poinless-I was just seeing if we could have a competion other that the monthly level making contests.

Depends on how it's planned. It's best to announce it on IRC since you know people will participate right away rather than someone here seeing a message board post hours later.

Such tournaments were actually pulled off by a good friend Chompy of #srb2fun

They were? I thought the original grandiose plans were cut down into regular old netgames because of problems with lag and consistency failures, and even that died after two weeks.

Eeeaaarrggh I can't decide...but seriously if you wanted someone to host a Tournament and have 32 people to join that would be total Lagsville.
And yeah those Damn Consistency Failures too.

You'd need quite a few people hosting groups of around 8 or so to do it effectively.

that would be really cool. If only we could get it hosted properly. We would need the people to say what files needed, and everyone would have to agree, and be ready etc.

I'm going be away a few days, but the poll will end in a day or two.If there is going to be a netgame tournament, don't start it without me!

note: i'm leaving today, so I had time to make replies to other topics.

Well a Tournament sounds cool. We haven't had one of those in a while. But in order to pull it off it needs to be planned ahead of time. Enough time that it gets spread out enough for those who want to participate to know about it. But then again, I doubt to many non-regular netgamers would join in. :?

I now started a new irc channel called #srb2tournament, run by, Bj, me and jason the echidna.It's for disscussion on this topic and if we have a netgame tournament it will be held there.

Edit: some other people are also running it.

It turns out we have a solution to our lag problem-doom connector.
Turns out doom connector has it's own server-this reduces lag.So if we can have netgame tournament in doom connector, games will have very little lag, if none at all. Also, Jason the echidna made an IRC script which allows to see which person will be in which game.

DooM Connector SRB2

Just something to keep in mind... Gherkin the creator of Doom Connector will not support SRB2 simply because it's Doom Connector, not game connector... So if it don't work don't go bitchin to him. The only reason SRB2 works in DC is because Rampage<PS> wrote the dll file to make it connect with DC.

Also if you want to keep playing SRB2 on DC do not play it in the regular lobby you will need to go to Sonic lobby to play that... If gherkin sees it being played in the DC lobby he will kill it... Yeah that means you gotta know somebody.

There are 8 players playing in DC right now..

Have fun, Deeebo !!!

I already explained all of that and added the DLL and where to go in the Sonic.zip in my sig..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back