Wiimote in Netgames??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bouncey

Yeah I am wondering. I like to hack my Wiimote to work with games using a bluetooth dongle and I had the idea of using in SRB2 here are what will probally do.

Co-op and Single: Moving with Nunchuk, Jumping with A, Shaking Wiimote to spin.

Time Attack Only Race: Using the Wiimote on it's side and tilting

Match: Using Nunchuk to move, Using Wiimote to aim.

The problem is that I am afarid these will give me too much of an advantage and be considered cheating and I will get banned from the Master Server. (It's the match one in praticalar that might get me banned due to the fact that I can you aim with the Wiimote and have a good aim but the others ones could be considered cheating as well)

So I wonder will doing this in netgames get me banned?

How is that any different from someone using WSAD and mouselook? I certainly can't see how a control scheme could get you banned. That is utterly ridiculous.

Yeah but I feel that aiming with the Wiimote could be too easy and have an advantage over everyone.

Oh and I don't actally use WASD and mouse look I actally use a wried 360 controller. (Though I might be using the Wiimote)

I think it's a great idea. If you can pull it off, which I'm sure you can, have fun with it then.

...I'd be mad if you used it against me, but I'd get over it.

Using mouselook and WASD/arrows is about as effective as using a Wiimote, both are (almost?) equally precise.
I know that someone that was in a netgame that I joined was using a Wiimote to play loooong ago.

Sonic Shadow said:
I know that someone that was in a netgame that I joined was using a Wiimote to play loooong ago.

Really, who was it.

Also I actally played race with a wiimote..

It made it harder..

Yeah, I think it'd just be harder to aim...
But no chance of it being illegal, unless it's for some "For teh lulz"-esque reason.

Sonic Shadow said:
Using mouselook and WASD/arrows is about as effective as using a Wiimote, both are (almost?) equally precise.

Bullcrap, the Wiimote is incredibly inaccurate.

Ever played a FPS on Wii? I have, Call of Duty's 3 and 5 (the latter of which I own). Aiming is a little awkward, but it works. It would fail for SBR2, however, because SRB2 is such a fast-paced game.

Chisuun said:
Ever played a FPS on Wii? I have, Call of Duty's 3 and 5 (the latter of which I own). Aiming is a little awkward, but it works. It would fail for SBR2, however, because SRB2 is such a fast-paced game.

I can shoot someone in the eye using a mouse and a sniper rifle in Crysis, but a Wiimote in the very same game would never work, regardless of how much time I spent practising, I'd never be able to do that with one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back