sonic wad please

Status
Not open for further replies.

seany

i am making an edit of sonic and the file that comes with the game wont work wen i try to edit please tell me wats wrong or get a normal sonic wad for me please

Firstly, recolors suck.
Secondly, copy sonic.plr before you edit. Editing sonic.plr makes the game freak out.

Did you actually load it into the game?

The other problem I can think of is that sonic.plr doesn't actually have enough stuff in it to actually be considered a real character wad. You're probably better off inserting your sprites into a wad that doesn't come with vanilla SRB2.

BlueZero4 said:
Did you actually load it into the game?

The other problem I can think of is that sonic.plr doesn't actually have enough stuff in it to actually be considered a real character wad. You're probably better off inserting your sprites into a wad that doesn't come with vanilla SRB2.
do u know were to find a sonic wad that doesnt come with the game?

No, but a Shadow wad works just as well, assuming you're not editing the sprites in your lump editior....

BlueZero4 said:
What's stopping you from ripping out Sonic's sprites and putting them in a Shadow wad?
the sonic sprites are black thats what i need his outlines and shading

What's stopping him from using the COLOR option in the Console? Honestly BlueZero4, telling him the hard way isn't the solution to stop recolors :/

EDIT: simultaneous post is dumb. Black as a color option was removed for a reason. It caused stupidity on the MS (pale in comparison to what there already is >>)

furyhunter600 said:
What's stopping him from using the COLOR option in the Console? Honestly BlueZero4, telling him the hard way isn't the solution to stop recolors :/
the sprites come up black no shading no outline to seperate gloves eyes and mouth from the body

...you quoted me and then said something totally unrelated to what I said...

Back on topic, if you want your character black or something close to it:

Press Tilde (left of the 1 key)
Type COLOR GRAY
Press Enter
Press Tilde again.
DONE

furyhunter600 said:

Type COLOR GRAY
Press Enter
Press Tilde again.
DONE
I DONT WANT IT BLACK THE EDITER MAKES ALL THE SPRITES BLACK FOR SOME REASON YOU DUMMY!!!!

Then you're doing it wrong. Try using a different editor, XWE is abominal trash.

SLumpED works the best for me.

Calm down. >.>

anyways, I think I know what you're talking about. And there's a simple way to fix it. You have to start a new WAD.

i know what to do now i needed the info file with it (duh) now i want to make soni glide instead of spin in the air and i dont want him to spindash

seany said:
furyhunter600 said:

Type COLOR GRAY
Press Enter
Press Tilde again.
DONE
I DONT WANT IT BLACK THE EDITER MAKES ALL THE SPRITES BLACK FOR SOME REASON YOU DUMMY!!!!

Will you guys quit fighting and stay on topic?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back