Laggiest game you've played

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarbo the Black Sheep

Furry Composer
The game with the worst framerate I've seen is Hard Drivin' for the Sega Genesis. The Genesis simply cannot handle a real 3D renderer, even if the quality is low. D=

Good thing you didn't start a topic about 'the longest loading screens you ever seen', I have a page-long list of those. xD
Anyway, outdoor areas in the PC version of Halo lag horribly in the Single Player campaign, with video cards that are more than capable of handling it just fine. Besides that, I think the most lag-tastic game I ever played, would be lots of cheap 3D Sega Saturn games I can't remember the names of. :P
BlueZero4 said:
Half Life 2 on the PC.
Either get a better video card, or don't use WINE to play it, I'd expect "The greatest PC game ever" as some have called it, to not lag so horribly as to belong in this topic.

I never had any problem with Halo 2 and lag, to be honest, maybe consider a RAM and CPU upgrade since wide open areas could possibly be lagged down by them being slow.

Indeed it does not lag, Pepper.

Um, Flysis/Air Rivals is absolutely terrible, it really shouldn't but it does because of how badly coded it is (no hardware rendering >_<)... :/

Hmm, laggiest game I've most likely to play is the wifi mode of Smash Bros Brawl. It can be good 1 minute, and diabolical the next, but outside of that it's fine.

Crysis, when I attempted high settings on a 7600GT with antialiasing. (I knew I wouldn't do it, but I tried anyway. :P).

Literally ran at about 0.5FPS, if the ingame FPS counter is to be believed.

If it comes to network latency lag, then Super Smash Brawl. Massive control delay and very skippy.

Honourable mentions to Halo: Combat Evolved on the PC. Doesn't skip so much and has responsive controls, but you have to lead your shots a considerable amount, even on LAN.

hehe, playing srb2 online can be a laggin' pain sometimes. *shot*
HEY I'M NOT BLAMING ANYONE! just please don't tempban me! XD

Bomberman Land Touch 2, Star mode, and the Block mode. Turns 2 mins into 30 easily.

Super Smash brothers brawl, on wifi. That's got to be the worst lag I have experienced. One minute fine, one minute not. Even worse, this is an advantage to some characters.

Cue said:
I never had any problem with Halo 2 and lag, to be honest, maybe consider a RAM and CPU upgrade since wide open areas could possibly be lagged down by them being slow.

I said Halo PC, not Halo 2 Vista, :P my PC doesn't have enough RAM for it. The requirements are ridiculously high and it forces you to pay for online use anyway, I'd rather just have the XBOX version of Halo 2. xD

Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis for GBA lags when I play on a DSlite and run Therefore StH:G = winner.

My computer after it got a virus that was destroyed in a split sec thx to AVG. If only it would restore damged files. T-T

Dr.Pepper said:
Cue said:

I said Halo PC, not Halo 2 Vista, :P my PC doesn't have enough RAM for it. The requirements are ridiculously high and it forces you to pay for online use anyway, I'd rather just have the XBOX version of Halo 2. xD

My halo Pc is fine. It only lags when there is an argument resulting in text lag.

Jacy said:
My halo PC is fine. It only lags when there is an argument resulting in text lag.
I have a 3.14Ghz processor, an 64MB T/L capable Intel card, with 512Mbs of RAM and it still lags very badly at times in Single Player, you only seem to be talking about Multiplayer, which runs just fine. Maybe it's Vista's fault or integrated graphics cards just suck, I dunno.
Back to the topic, I played a game recently that lags horribly without high-end graphics, Alien Arena. If I pointed the camera at anything other than the sky, it was almost unbearably slow. Maybe the high-res textures had something to do with it, the models weren't that detailed.

BlueZero4 said:
Half Life 2 on the PC.
Wha? Source is one of the most efficient game engines on the PC, what are you playing on, a rock?
I'd say Crysis on my old hardware, though on a 7600GT, it at least got 20-ish FPS at low.

If we're talking about network lag and not framerate lag, then SRB2 and Phantasy Star Universe take the cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back