E3 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal-Rawr

Also known as Teravolt now
So the Electronic Entertainment Expo is going to take place in less than a month, and I thought that instead of people making different threads about each game/console shown, we use this thread to discuss about it all.
Anything you guys are specificly anticipating for?

Speaking for every Sonic fan/follower/whatever in the forums, anything SEGA or Sonic related is what we're looking forward to in the E3.

Speaking for every Sonic fan/follower/whatever in the forums, anything SEGA or Sonic related is what we're looking forward to in the E3.

Actually, if anything, everyone here is hoping there isn't anything Sonic related. Nobody wants any new Sonic games.

Edit: Talk about giving out the wrong message and/or people not paying attention to the fact I've been defending Sonic in all the previous topics relating to Sonic games.

Last edited:
I haven't seen a thing about E3 2012 as of yet. I checked Kotaku and everything. When is it actually being held?

Really? You obviously haven't looked hard enough, you just Google "e3" and you can see it's being held on the 5-7 June.

Actually, if anything, everyone here is hoping there isn't anything Sonic related. Nobody wants any new Sonic games.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what I like to call a Sonihilist, or someone who believes that there's no point for any new Sonic titles to be made. I find this position absurd, frankly. Even though 06 was admittedly horrible and Unleashed was pretty bad as well, Sonic games have been undeniably improving ever since, and it seems pretty likely that they'll keep improving (or at least remaining good) as time goes on. While future games will probably never be exactly like the classics, following the Genesis formula is not the only way to make a good Sonic game, as the modern stages in Generations and the Sonic stages in Adventure 1 (and even SRB2 to some extent) have proven. Just have a little faith, alright? Sega is learning from their mistakes, albeit rather slowly, but regardless, there is a place for Sonic in today's gaming world. Sega hasn't quite found it yet, but it seems they're getting very close.

I'm with 742mph here. I'm really eager to see what's happening next for Sonic. You're hardly speaking for everyone Violo.

I actually have my doubts they'll show anything this year, though. Dunno why.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what I like to call a Sonihilist, or someone who believes that there's no point for any new Sonic titles to be made. I find this position absurd, frankly. Even though 06 was admittedly horrible and Unleashed was pretty bad as well, Sonic games have been undeniably improving ever since, and it seems pretty likely that they'll keep improving (or at least remaining good) as time goes on. While future games will probably never be exactly like the classics, following the Genesis formula is not the only way to make a good Sonic game, as the modern stages in Generations and the Sonic stages in Adventure 1 (and even SRB2 to some extent) have proven. Just have a little faith, alright? Sega is learning from their mistakes, albeit rather slowly, but regardless, there is a place for Sonic in today's gaming world. Sega hasn't quite found it yet, but it seems they're getting very close.

My quote was just to get the whole "Sonic's shit" thing over and done with. You can't really deny it, most of the Sonic community actively dislikes the new Sonic games, even Sonic Generations for Pete's sake.

At the time of that post I actually felt like one of the only people who like Sonic for what he is now and not a rehash series such as Mario. It's really hard to keep liking Sonic when anything to do with the series involves it being bashed into a pulp.

All in all, I want new Sonic games to come out, even if they are call-outs to the classics. To be honest, it's you guys that give me confidence to praise Sonic nowadays, without fear of being called wrong. I agree with this post entirely and I'll even go as far as to say I haven't seen the Sonic series go downhill much at all.

I'm really excited to see what sorts of things the controller on the Wii U can do. Granted, I probably won't get one, but it's always fun to see the technological advances / changes that occur whenever a new console is released. I just hope for you guys' sakes that the controllers aren't as ungodly expensive as I've been hearing.

The only things I'd be interested in are Rayman Legends and Playstation All-Stars.

...I really, REALLY hate the Wii's online, OK? Don't judge me.

Also, people hated Sonic Generations? I kind of doubt that, really. I mean, there were probably a few people who didn't like it, but if you ran a poll of people who played it, you'd probably end up with more positive votes than negative.

Also, people hated Sonic Generations? I kind of doubt that, really. I mean, there were probably a few people who didn't like it, but if you ran a poll of people who played it, you'd probably end up with more positive votes than negative.
I'll just mention this before somebody like Mystic does - the people who've already made their mind up about Sonic being shit don't play his games anymore to have their minds changed.

Personally, I was rather down on the Unleashed formula, but Generations made me genuinely like it. Mystic thoroughly hated it. So, well, different strokes...

Sonic isn't likely to be the type of thing pushed in a press conference at E3 anyways, due to his drop from mainstream almost a decade ago. The big three are more likely to drum up system exclusives and the third parties are more likely to drum up genres that are more mainstream in today's market. Sonic isn't either. I'm more expecting any big announcements to be sequels to franchises that are still popular or another revival of a retro franchise like Kid Icarus.

Last edited:
I believe they're going to release information about the new Skyrim expansion "Dawnguard." That's pretty much the only thing I'm excited about. I'm hoping they'll include, among many other things, the introduction of the Werebears, which are supposed to be the most common lycanthropes in the land of Skyrim. There are rumors that the Snow Elves will be a major focus of the expansion.

I feel like it's too soon after Generations to see another Sonic anyway.
What's the Storybook team been up to since Colors? It's possible they've been working on something over the interim.

And if it's Nintendo-exclusive, I'd imagine Nintendo would push it, if only in a sizzle reel. Sonic games sell best on Nintendo consoles, generally.

That all being said, I'm not holding my breath, and if they take some time to make another game as good as Generations (but tighten up the controls when you're not boosting, they don't feel quite right), then fine by me.

my friend keeps telling me "sega is going out of bisenius" (how do you spell that btw?)
Whatever. he got his information from game informer, who absolutely hates sonic. So they would say that. Anywho, I'm not ready for a new sonic game right now.... but maybe later. maybe sega will talk about that rumored game where sonic splits into multiple versions of his self, each being a part of his personality

my friend keeps telling me "sega is going out of bisenius" (how do you spell that btw?)
Whatever. he got his information from game informer, who absolutely hates sonic. So they would say that. Anywho, I'm not ready for a new sonic game right now.... but maybe later. maybe sega will talk about that rumored game where sonic splits into multiple versions of his self, each being a part of his personality

Business.

Anyway, Sonic Dimensions will never happen. Iizuka-san said it himself.

What's the Storybook team been up to since Colors? It's possible they've been working on something over the interim.

And if it's Nintendo-exclusive, I'd imagine Nintendo would push it, if only in a sizzle reel. Sonic games sell best on Nintendo consoles, generally.

That all being said, I'm not holding my breath, and if they take some time to make another game as good as Generations (but tighten up the controls when you're not boosting, they don't feel quite right), then fine by me.

You make a solid point.

I really liked Colours, almost as much as Generations (it had some better points, like the bosses), so if anything along those lines does show up, I'm sure it'll be pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back