Character WAD Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man this is hard! I download all these character Wads, the launcher, the XWE edit stuff, and all I get is this error everytime I want to run the character Wads:" R_InitSprites: No Patches found for PRUP frame C." I can only run a few level WADs but NOOOOOOOOOO character WADs! How do I fix this?

Read the wiki. That should help you out. If you don't understand that then let me know and I'll help you out a little bit. If my advice doesn't work google it.

spark, instead of copying and pasting the whole tutorial, couldn't you just link to it? most of us don't like it when one post takes up one page.
Also, the wiki doesn't seem to help with moonapollo's problem. I'm also unable to figure out what to do.

R.U.B.I.K. said:
spark, instead of copying and pasting the whole tutorial, couldn't you just link to it?
Also, the wiki doesn't seem to help with moonapollo's problem. I'm also unable to figure out what to do.
I edited. I realized what the problem was.

I read the wiki andI read a lot of other stuff on google, but nothing seems to focus on that error message. I use the launcher, add a character Wad, press run, and that message pops up:
"R_InitSprites: No Patches found for PRUP frame C."

moonpollos problem

i had the same thing i pressed run and it shows the note, i cant run char WADs! how do i fix this darn thing???????

new user, LOLZMAN

Ok. If you have that error message when you try to add character wads: "R_Inti Sprites: No frame in prup C" (something along those lines) here's how to play character wads.

1. Download SRB2 Mirror 3 and character wads.

2. With the download is a file with a sock icon called SOCEdit. With this you MUST have this program called XWE. wiki.srb2.org/wiki/XWE
Which is eXtendable Wad Editor.

3. In the Sonic3d folder, or whatever the game folder you added the game in, make a new folder (by right-clicking and going to NEW then Folder) and add the name of your character as the name of that folder. Move the character wad into that folder you created.

4. Now go to SOCEdit and you shall see two columns with many folders in each column. Now, find your Sonic3d folder and click it; in that folder you should see a file containing your character as a name. Click it and then click: "Make a empty Soc" (I think that's what it says) and type in your character name. Ex: Sonic (Keep first letter of the character in caps *tell you in step5*)

5. Now exit SOCEdit and in the Sonic3d folder you should see a character file that is a SOC file. Next go to your character folder (which should contain your character wad (from step 3) and right click the wad file. Then click "edit with XWE". Now on XWE go to File, then click Merge. On the very bottom tab scroll to "All files" and find that SOC file (*which should have the first letter in caps)* (if not, right lick and go to properties to view what file type.

6. After merging, exit XWE and in your character folder in the Sonic3d folder, should have a new file next to your character wad. The new file is a bak file.
Ex. supersonic.wad.001
Next go the game. At the main screen (without the main menu only the background) press ~ (to the left of the 1 above letter Q) to bring down this green box. Example... Type: Addfile (space) supersonic.wad.001.bak. Then at the character screen, you should see your character.
This process works for all addon character files on srb2.org.

Sometimes, however, the SOC method does not work. If this is the case for you, try this (easier!) method.

-You still need to have XWE. What you don't need is SOCeditor.
-You may set up character folders as above, but I just left the WADs as they were.
-Go into XWE, and open up the WAD file you wish to use (or use right click and edit with XWE.
-But you have no SOC file. How will you merge? You don't; all you do is go to file and click "clean up".
-If your system is like mine, one instant BAK file is made as a result of the clean up.
-Now, go into the game, do the addfile thing, and character is now playable.

Thanks Ms. Katn. You see, that LONG-step-list that I made was all from the trail-and-error method. I came up with it all by myself--not lying. Thanks for making easier for others. :)

*P.S. That LONG method works. It's long, but it works...I've tried it with all the addon characters from the website.

The only reason I found it in the first place was because I was trying to do your method. I got up to the point of merging, but when I tried to merge the WAD with the SOC, it only said "I/O error 103".

So I kept trying to merge it, but eventually got fed up and started trying other functions on XWE. Eventually, one of those functions made a BAK. It was truly a WTF moment.

It was also FU to SOCeditor, too.

XWE on default automaticly cleans up the wad tring to fix what it thinks is wrong. Whenever you exit XWE, it alters the WAD. To make sure it doesn't do this when you don't want it too, click view on the menu bar, and go into options. Make the "preform clean up on exit" have no check mark. While you are at it, you might as well make sure you have "don't auto capitalize lump names" checked. If you don't see it, you don't have the beta version that works with SRB2. http://ca.geocities.com/xwe@rogers.com/xwe_beta.zip put that in your xwe folder and you should have that option if you don't already.

Now you should be able to look at wads in XWE without altering them if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back