SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Kart

Lake Margorite v3 Details »»
Lake Margorite v3
Developer Last Online: Dec 2018

Category: Version: SRB2 Kart Rating: (2 votes - 3.80 average)
Released: 11-21-2018 Last Update: Never Installs: 0
Multiplayer Levels Re-Useable Content

Heres my attempt at a Kart map. It can be quite challenging for beginners but it has a nice Flow for more experienced Karters.

Report bugs and all that jazz to me, Enjoy!

Music - Cosmic Carnage - Sound Test 9

Some assets were used from the textures.kart file

Changelog
Spoiler:

v1
- Initial release

v2
- Added an Invisible wall on the 1st spiral to prevent fall off on the bridge
- Fixed Checkpoints so they work more constantly
- Fixed End signpost
- Minor Level tweaks

v3
- Checkpoints and waypoints fixed
- Now has a Encore Pal

Download Now

File Type: zip KR_LakeMargorite_v3.zip (1.04 MB, 94 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0006.png
Views:	269
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	13943   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0007.png
Views:	223
Size:	223.2 KB
ID:	13944   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0011.png
Views:	189
Size:	229.6 KB
ID:	13945   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0005.png
Views:	176
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	13946  

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2
ashudow
The Weird Weeb Boi

This looks really really nice. Good job!
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #3
Chrome
Chromatian Kiske

So, yeah...

This shit is REALLY good!

Your course design, attention to detail, and slope play makes the course really dynamic and engaging, it feels like it came straight out of one of our best level designers. Great road width and a bunch of shortcuts ranging from easy to advanced make this a ton of fun to play. Sloped spirals are not easy to pull off but you nailed that first 360 degree turn perfectly. It has tons of room to adjust your drift angle and the textures help visualize the turn so players don't get lost. You're scenery does a great job of not obstructing the track any more than it needs to and it really pays off. I love the small touches of CLIFF near the tighter turns as an indicator that you need to slow down, while also giving the player a bit more space to adjust their drift before they hit off-road.

It still has some quirks that hold it back from online-play, however. Most importantly are the Waypoints/Checkpoints. We tested online and they're not placed correctly, ca using positions to swap to random numbers that aren't indicative of your actual place. Check my Waypoint/Checkpoint tutorial to help troubleshoot them

Next are actual map issues, doing this checklist style:

This last set of item boxes should be removed. They're both too close to the last item set, and too close to the Finish Line. You want players to go about 12 to 15 seconds before they reach another set of item boxes, so I'd just delete the whole set.

Using a speed boosting item on this slope can sling you off of the bridge and back down to the 360 degree turn. Consider adding an invisible FOF to stop players from flying off.

I'm not entirely sure why this deathpit is here. It's completely blind considering you're going downhill, and it's easy to get bumped into from just the wall, let alone 7-15 other players. Add some off-road here or close off the area with more wall.

I haven't opened up your map, but based on the netgame we had, you don't have an endlevel sign placed near the Finish Line. Without one, the sign defaults to the player's position, and if that's under a platform, the sign vanishes as it lands on the floor. Place the sign in front or behind the finish line sector so that it's out of the way of any ceilings.

This S-turn is completely invisible. The slope bends down right as the turn converts from one quick curve to the next, but the angle of the road is telling you to head towards that shortcut under the overhang. You'll need to slope the road downward as you turn into this area so the player has enough time to view the S-turn ahead of them.

Those are all of the major issues. I really hope you'll look into these, because it's an absolutely amazing course, and it could be even better if these issues get fixed.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #4
MK.exe
The one and only!

Thank you, im glad you enjoyed it! I'll have a look at this issues tommorw and fix ASAP for next
MK.exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #5
MK.exe
The one and only!

Update to reflect Chromes response above more details in OP changelog
Old 1 Week Ago   #6
MK.exe
The one and only!

Updated again!, Check OP for details
Old 1 Week Ago   #7
ztox

Chrome's enthusiasm has got me hyped for this map. I'm going to get it uploaded to our server, nice one :)
ztox is offline   Reply With Quote