Inconsistent NiGHTS Spawn Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

QueenDelta

I was working on a new NiGHTS map, and I was scratching my head as to why Super Sonic kept ignoring the first transfer line until looping back around the first axis. This also has the added effect of not respawning items until the third lap

I desperately kept trying to fix it, but then I found the problem. When you touch Super Sonic, he spawns where you were last in 3D mode, meaning you can skip a transfer at the very beginning if the map is designed that way and you touch him in the wrong angle.

I have a demonstration right here. Sorry for the rough looking map, have to test these things out early, you know?

Attachments

• srb20006.gif
    srb20006.gif
    7 MB · Views: 268
  • srb20005.gif
    srb20005.gif
    5.6 MB · Views: 264
  • mapview.png
    mapview.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 250
It's easy to miss, NiGHTS levels aren't necessarily in high demand.
It seems like it should be easy to set Sonic's coordinates to that of the drone, but I don't know how the source code works.

Is your transfer line thing actually properly linked to the axis in question? Or for that matter, is the Drone properly on the track?

Unless this was an issue pre-2.1.14 I have a bad feeling I may have accidentally mucked up something here somehow with my changes to trig math.

They're aligned with the grid just fine. I can easily fix this by moving the transfer thing further along the track, even if there's a noticable camera jump.

I can work around it, but it seemed like something that should be fixed, or at least mentioned on the wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back