what changes should you make to your wads

Status
Not open for further replies.

tee2330

I've been making this wad for years, however with the changes in 2.0 and now the changes in 2.1 this was doesn't work the way I intended,
Code:
http://speedy.sh/xJMXq/shadebosscensored.wad
and I'm sure there are others out there who've had their work become outdated with the arrival of 2.1 (this wad was made with XWE at the time of 1.09.4) so what are the new additions and is their anything I can do (with XWE) to make my wad work with 2.1

Last edited:
I checked that check the wad in XWE I built on someone elses wad, and made the boss talk and you reply with cechco and cecho commands, and gave the boss more heath. I can make the colors right again by inverting them in MS paint. however I wanna know how to change the bosses HP. make the stages fluctuate gravity and make it playable in co-op. (btw if you're wondering why this is half-asses and werid it's because I making this wad for fun to play with my friend when they come over for laughs I wasn't planing on releasing it since I am really bad with programing and have a short attention span I'm always working on multiple projects and never finish them)

this is a poor mod in the shape of a wad and yes I know I could use LUA but using it is so confusing I only know how to do something when I see it done by other people and edit it

Last edited:
Now I feel stupid 'cause I assumed we were talking about character wads, sorry about that. XP

Now then, the boss's HP is determined by SPAWNHEALTH in its SOC lump.

Fluctuating gravity is gonna involve linedef triggers and you should probably read this: http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Reverse_gravity_tutorial

To make the level playable in coop, just add the word 'coop' to TypeOfLevel in the Level Header, e.g. TypeOfLevel = Coop
Numbers aren't used any more as of 2.1.

Oh and for converting the palette, I find that it's easier to open the wad with the 1.09.4 palette, export the sprites, then switch to the 2.0 palette and reimport them. They should be the right colors then.

And don't worry, I totally understand how you feel about Lua.

well to get a better picture play this in 1.09.4 and then 2.1 see what the differences are

Code:
http://speedy.sh/Dp2GQ/shadeboss3.wad

well to get a better picture play this in 1.09.4 and then 2.1 see what the differences are

Code:
http://speedy.sh/Dp2GQ/shadeboss3.wad

Any chance you could upload that to somewhere that doesn't make you use a download manager? It's making me download it as an exe and my Antivirus is flagging and removing it.

http://www.4shared.com/file/LQfH9hx5ba/shadeboss3.html sorry about that I just uploaded it to the first upload site I found

this WAD got taken down after I released it because I didn't put any effort into it and the music I used was inappropriate for children

7RuhG.png

Might wanna try that again. Make sure the file isn't private I guess.

Ok that one worked.

Like I said, if you want to get your sprites to look right open your wad in XWE with 1.09.4's srb2.srb and export them, then change to 2.0 (or 2.1)'s srb2.srb and reimport them, that will fix the colors.

And to play your levels in coop on this line in your maincfg:
typeoflevel = 4097

Replace that 4097 with the word Coop.

Ok and now for some issues I noticed.
When adding the file I got a bunch of errors over your soc, namely this one:

Code:
Thing 3
Speed = 10
Damage = 5
SPAWNHEALTH = 50

Thing 6
Speed = 40
Damage = 5
SPAWNHEALTH = 100

Thing 9
Speed = 40 
Damage = 5
SPAWNHEALTH = 100

That's probably because when you're writing for objects you need to have all of the values listed, even if you're not using them:
Code:
Thing 
MAPTHINGNUM = 
SPAWNSTATE = 
SPAWNHEALTH = 
SEESTATE = 
SEESOUND = 
REACTIONTIME = 
ATTACKSOUND = 
PAINSTATE = 
PAINCHANCE = 
PAINSOUND = 
MELEESTATE = 
MISSILESTATE = 
DEATHSTATE = 
DEATHSOUND = 
XDEATHSTATE = 
SPEED = 
RADIUS = 
HEIGHT = 
MASS = 
DAMAGE = 
ACTIVESOUND = 
RAISESTATE = 
FLAGS =

The other thing I noticed were your scripts. They had names like A, B, and C. Scripts to be used in levels need to have a name like scrxx0000 where xx is the map number and 0000 is a number that a linedef can be used to identify. An example would be scr010001.

Yeah, I know there's a lot of information, but it can be figured out if you're patient. ^^;

you can make this wad work in 2.1 by opening 2.1 and doing addfile since it doesn't open right in the net launcher there's also an error where if you spin dash then it'll register as you breaking an enemy try it out if you want feel free to edit my wad and see what you can do with it for fun post the results if you want see if you can do it right

also I only use XWE for this never used a soc no idea how to convert 1.09.4's srb2.srb and export them, then change to 2.0 (or 2.1)'s

Last edited:
Um, yeah... I was using addfile. I don't even have a net launcher.

And no offense, but that last part sounds an awful lot like you trying to get me to do your work for you, which I have no interest in doing given that the wad is a bit of a mess (which I know you mentioned before) and I've got enough of my own wad projects.

Edit to respond to an edit: Also XWE is what you use for the conversion, it has literally nothing to do with SOCs. I'm talking about the base resource archive setting where you tell it where your srb2 stuff is.

Last edited:
no no you don't have to was a suggestion I'm gonna do it....probably.....and it's still not working I suck at this I might as well go back to playing it on the old srb2JTE.exe since I made a charter there that has the ablites of Hyper Mystic Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back