Full screen glitch in Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob_the_flying_monkey

Figured He Needed A Title
In windows 7 when ever I use full screen it shows weird lines flickering across the screen and sometimes the colors bug out, there's also only 9 resolutions available, non of which are recommended. Help?

Hm... have you tried typing "Stretch" I think it is, in the console? Also, please give a screenshot so we can fully understand your problem. If you see some kind of bars all over the display, your video card could be dying. I used to have an old Nvidia 7600 GT, and it had that problem in Windows 7, XP, etc. It also could be that glitch with Software Mode, where the colors go crazy from time to time.

Last edited:
Turning stretch on and off didn't do anything, the screenshots come in entirely black and green (Nothing like what it looks like in game), and I literally bought the video card 2 days ago (And it only has glitches like this in SRB2)

Turning stretch on and off didn't do anything, the screenshots come in entirely black and green (Nothing like what it looks like in game), and I literally bought the video card 2 days ago (And it only has glitches like this in SRB2)

That's weird... What video card do you have? And do you have the correct drivers for it?

Get a video camera, record your screen with it. Use that method because the screenrecord programs are unreliable if the screens are failing.

Do you mean something like this?
srb20022.png
This is what happens when I use a weird resolution like 1366 X 768 (native resolution for my laptop) on SRB2. It happens even when I hit F8. It only happens in screenshots. It doesn't happen when you real-time playing though...

[Offtopic]
This also shows a glitch unrelated to the screenshot. When some people join, they get instantly c-kicked, but then that white Sonic stays behind, just frozen. It has absolutely nothing to do with the screenshot glitch above, though.
[/Offtopic]

Last edited:
That's weird... What video card do you have? And do you have the correct drivers for it?
I got a PNY VERTO GeForce card that came with a driver installer.
Did you press "Print Screen" or "F8" for the screenshot?
I used Print Screen
Do you mean something like this?
srb20022.png
This is what happens when I use a weird resolution like 1366 X 768 (native resolution for my laptop) on SRB2. It happens even when I hit F8. It only happens in screenshots. It doesn't happen when you real-time playing though...
No, it shows up mostly like it should but with colored lines scattering across the screen and sometimes black bars in places (But that only happened once so far)

You are supposed to use the designated button (I.E 8) to take a screnshot; using prtscreen will mess up the picture.

No, he's referring to the game displaying awkwardly when he plays, but his screenshots work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back