Forwarding Ports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virt

Trollerskates
I searched and searched the SRB2MB, and I couldn't find a step-by-step explanation. I'm trying to host my servers, but it's not going on the masterserver. Help?

1. Open Windows Firewall by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Security, and then clicking Windows Firewall.
  2. Click Allow a program through Windows Firewall. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  3. Click Add port.
  4. In the Name box, type a name that will help you remember what the port is used for.
  5. In the Port number box, type the port number 5029.
  6. Choose UDP for the checkbox thing.
And that's all I can remember. Hopefully that was helpful...

Last edited:
I don't know where my router is. Lemme find it.

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Sorry for the double post. It's linksys

You'll need your local IP address's last 3 numbers. If you don't know them, do this: [NOTE: This is for Windows XP, but it should work in Vista]
Right click on the wireless icon in the system tray and click on status. Click on the support tab and it will tell you your ip address. You only need the last three numbers. Keep them handy.

Open a new tab or window in your browser and type in 192.168.1.1. It will probably ask your for a username and password. By default, both are "admin" (no quotes). Next, click on "Applications and Gaming." You'll be on the port rage forward page. Fill a single row of the table like this:
SRB2 | 5049 | 5049 | UDP | XXX | [checked]
After that, click save settings and you should be done.

Dose this work if you are both connecting to a router and the computer the router is hocked to?

It can also depend on the specific model of the router.

There's actually a very good explanation on PortForward.com, but the web site is really, really annoying to navigate.

Here's a question, what port does srb2 use by default to let people join your server?

It will probably ask your for a username and password. By default, both are "admin" (no quotes).
Dose it want the computer's username and password? becasue I don't have a password. I tried just my username and it dosent work. Also, I tried "admin" for both.

Dose it want the computer's username and password? becasue I don't have a password. I tried just my username and it dosent work. Also, I tried "admin" for both.
They way routers work, when you first set them up you have to set up a username and password within them, in order to prevent people from messing with it.

I just did a little bit more research, and on some linksys routers, the username is blank (as in nothing put in the username box) and the password is admin. If that doesn't work, then follow the instructions on this page to reset your settings. After that, try logging in using admin/admin and [nothing]/admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back