Theres somthing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dash.

Okay, this is what happened. I hosted a game so me and my friend can do multiplayer, and im talking to him on msn at the same time,after that I hosted the game and gave it a name, then when he tried to join he saw everyone elses hosted games except mine and his server option is perfect. What do i do?

Does it have to be? 'Cause my port isn't forwarded (can't host WC3 games for example) BUT I can host SRB2 games...
Or are you talking about opening a private server (not using MS)?

What im trying to say is that when i host and tell my friend to join on msn he cant see my hosted game but he sees everyone elses.

Ports aren't open, simple as that, look around, use the search button, all will then be answered.

What you should do is if you have a windows computer is to check your ports again. Sometimes mine close but its only happened once:

1st option: Now listen go to the start menu, click control panel, go to network connections, now right click local area connection, then go to advance and click settings, then just add a port.

2nd option: Go to internet gateway (presumably) and go to settings and if there is something that says advanced then go there and add a port

NOTE: make sure you put in your real ip address for the dialogue that says "ip of the service hosting this port" also both external and internal ports should be 5029.

I hoped i helped in some way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back