Map limitations (vertices and levelsize)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morph

Hi there...

Here's my problem: I am working on a level right now that uses very, very many vertices and huge sectors (not huge viewfields, BUT huge sectors). I know that maps get screwed if their expanse is too big.

But now I get this error...
"The nodebuilder did not build the required structures."
"Please check your map for errors or select a different nodebuilder."

"Your map will be saved without nodes."
if I am adding a certain ammount of vertices / linedeffs that don't even change the expanse. I just have to place them inside existing sectors and I'll still get this message. Sadly this map is just half-way done so this error keeps stopping the progress. Do you have any ideas how I could solve this problem? Are there really such things like vertice- or linedeff-ammount-limitations?

Note: In the last working saved file I have 5049 vertices, 5085 linedeffs and 109 sectors arranged over an expanse from ca. point(-15000 | 27000) to point(10000 | -3000).

I'm not sure, but it might be the same error I got once.

On Doom Builder, if you go beyond the Red Line, you'll get an error. Just go to Select All and move the map away from the red line.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
I'm not sure, but it might be the same error I got once.

On Doom Builder, if you go beyond the Red Line, you'll get an error. Just go to Select All and move the map away from the red line.
The level is placed inside the red map borders so that can not be the answer.

@BlueZero4
I'll check it out.

The only thing I can think of is to break your huge sectors in half or into fourths.

Glaber, if you haven't experienced (and fixed) the error before, you'll never be helping. The error has to do with what the nodebuilder is processing; making new vertices and stuff won't help. The fact remains that ZenNode can't handle more linedef intensive maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back