How do i make a perfect Spindash Wad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elyos03

↑↑↓↓←→←→ B A START
I've kept seeing characters with Spindash Luas. Like Shadow and Kilometers (The better Tails that should be in future updates) for example. And i tough, "Hey! I wanna make a Spindash wad for all Vanilla characters!" Then i got an Hinote Wad from a SRB2 Archieves folder on MEGA (I'M NOT GOING TO TELL YOU! It's a secret to everybody except for me.) and then got the Spindash Script and the sprites. I copied a wad that i have then got to SLADE and deleted everything from the copy wad and Imported everything i exported from the Hinote wad and then i finished my on wad. And then, something unexpected happened. THE SPINDASH SPRITES WON'T APPEAR! I tried the characters who have the Spindash script and each one has a different sprite. Choose wisely! A character from the end of the wad list will use the sprite. HELP ME HOW TO MAKE A PERFECT SPINDASH WAD!! Also, i know that the Spindash will be in 2.2 I just can't wait for the Update.

About Kilometers. Do not discuss this further in this topic, I just figured I'd be helpful and share it with you so you know not to bring it up.

For the meat of what you're trying to do, the spindash sprites are treated as normal sprites and shouldn't have conflicting sprite names. You need to give each character their own spindash sprite names if you want their animations to look different, and update the Lua script to match - which also controls which skin(s) the spindash sprites are applied for. From the sounds of things, though, you're just trying to stitch things together with little regard for how things work behind the scenes, so you might not have much luck at all without actually learning how things work yourself. Perhaps try explaining what you're doing in more detail, or share the current state of your WAD?

Last edited:
As someone who is partially responsible for that Hinote, I believe you might want to try extracting the spindash from Kilo and Shadow, as their lua/SOC is more solid and simplified. Also, yes, as Toaster said, you DO need some experience in some lua/soccing to understand how to make all of the characters use the spindash. Try to refer to the wiki for some help.

As an aside, neither of the characters you listed that have the spindash code had their MB releases marked as reusable, so you should probably figure out who wrote the spindash code you're trying to extract and get permission.

Adding on to what the others said... If possible for your Wad, I would suggest having the spindash sprites be part of the player's sprites. You can have more sprites than up to the super transformation, after all. (I'm very surprised this is not already the case for Shadow nor Kilometers.)

Adding on to what the others said... If possible for your Wad, I would suggest having the spindash sprites be part of the player's sprites. You can have more sprites than up to the super transformation, after all. (I'm very surprised this is not already the case for Shadow nor Kilometers.)

The player's sprites... Now i need help. O_O

The player's sprites... Now i need help. O_O
You know, the standing, walking, running, spinning, etcetera sprites? I call them the "player's" sprites, since they are just that. If you add more frames to the player's sprites than what's used by vanilla SRB2, you can add your own animations and such without your animations breaking anything or being broken by anything (if you do it right).

You know, the standing, walking, running, spinning, etcetera sprites? I call them the "player's" sprites, since they are just that. If you add more frames to the player's sprites than what's used by vanilla SRB2, you can add your own animations and such without your animations breaking anything or being broken by anything (if you do it right).

OK. I'll try to import the sprites! And what do i do with increasing the frames?

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

I'm still working on it. Now i'm making it done right away!

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

OK. I'll try to import the sprites! And what do i do with increasing the frames?

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

I'm still working on it. Now i'm making it done right away!

Crap. I tried to export the files from the Player.dta (Just exported the files because it's... nevermind that.) and then imported to my wad and then the same thing happened. Geez, that's one tough Spindash LUA to apply.

When I said "share the current state of your WAD", I meant so we could help troubleshoot what the problem is. You're not describing what you're doing very well, so seeing the result could help.

You also need to respond to Red's point, since you don't have permission to do this in the first place.

you should probably figure out who wrote the spindash code you're trying to extract and get permission.

Motorroach, You, and Hellhawk. That's on the description of the Shadow Character. Will you guys reunite and give me permission? Also, you told me that you didn't make this LUA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back