Please, more Dreamcast SRB2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dash Tristis

A brony, and proud of it.
I am about to overclock my Dreamcast just to play SRB2 on it with a good frame-rate. If anyone knows where or if I can download the 2.0.4 DC version, that would help.

Don't do it. The performance benefit will be negligible at best, for quite a high risk of frying the hardware, since it's a hardware mod.

Second, Dreamcast was never supported, except that it ran early, and very slow, 1.08 builds when the porting work was actually being done. The DC could never run 2.0.4 because of hardware limitations.

You're better off helping us port to Android so we can get it on Ouya in the future. SRB2SDL needs to be ported to SDL 2.0 once that is stable (w/ full Android support) before that can happen, unless you want to roll with your own OpenGL context and sound code.

Thanks for the help, even if I do so love my Dreamcast.
EDIT: Wait, you think I can program? Not in the slightest, my friend was going to do the overclocking.

Last edited:
Why else would you be asking to play the Dreamcast version, silly? Although we all hoped it would be playable at some point, the hardware just isn't capable of it. It struggles to play the original Doom, let alone SRB2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back