Official Level Design Contest: November/December 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, most 2-D levels suck pritty hard. It's true. SRB2's 2-D mode plays rather well, but it's got one problem.

Acceleration.

If it was coded that you did not accelerate as fast in 2-D mode, screw the camera, it would all work better anyways. You speed up too fast, and your at full speed in three seconds. It's not physics, thouse are fine. Make it so you don't go so fast in 2-D mode and you'll have a good time. Yes I know "But I wanna go FASSSTTTT." Well, do you wanna play a 2-D level? "Yes." TOO BAD. Only a few 2-D levels let you go fast, and most of them suck, a few golden exceptions, but otherwise, NO.

Just slow it dow man!

Nathan Speed said:
But I wanna go FASSSTTTT." Well, do you wanna play a 2-D level? "Yes." TOO BAD. Only a few 2-D levels let you go fast, and most of them suck, a few golden exceptions, but otherwise, NO.

Just slow it dow man!

Since you can't fix Sonic's speed and the camera, design the level around both of those flaws.

awesome dude. im about to send my level in as well. it had to be cut short due to graphical problems but it is godd. try to find the teleporter

With the possible completion of FFZ2 approaching, it's important to remember that FFZ2 is not going to be another NSZ2. Keep in mind that I make maps because it's fun to make the maps as well as the completion of a finished product, so I'm of course going to try to make something different. FFZ1 is a great example of a map that's different. Rest assured, however, that FFZ2 is a tad more conventional in its route structure.

Also, to get FFZ2 to a playable form by the 31st, I probably won't have the switchhunt done. I'll be submitting anyway because what I value is your opinions. I want to be able to hear what you guys like, but I also want to hear what you dislike. Both sides of the coin are essential!

Sorry. When I hear Switch hunt I automaticly think CEZ2.

(and Krose, I already did, didn't find any switches though.)

glaber said:
(and Kroze, I already did, didn't find any switches though.)

1. fix'd

2. you obviously fail at NSZ2-ing yourself...
You should really take the time to explore the entire huge ass level because the switches do some amazing things....

Some of the switches will push out a gorgeous graphical effect, but the gameplay change feels pretty mediocre, to be honest. Some of the switches don't even alter gameplay at all, making them be pretty worthless.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Some of the switches will push out a gorgeous graphical effect, but the gameplay change feels pretty mediocre, to be honest. Some of the switches don't even alter gameplay at all, making them be pretty worthless.

lolwut?

Every switch in NSZ2 directly effects a part of the level in some odd way which also changes how you play it...
The only graphical effect switch is the last one but it does change how the level could end...

I'm not exactly sure how you are getting that opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back