[XSRB2] Garden Golf v0.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppyfaic

STARTS ON MAP V0

Sonic Golf mode needs more love, really! Even if it's not an entire nine/eighteen holes, I still want to try to make Sonic Golf more popular.
Now, on with the show!

24wx4w7.png

The above screenshot is the very first hole. If you want to see the rest, you'll have to play my Garden Golf Courses!

Sendspace mirror: DOWNLOAD

NEW COURSE
Replaced the old boss battle with a properly working enemy battle. Simply defeat all the enemies!

NEW COURSE
Moved GGZ3 to GGZ4, and turned GGZ3 into a new, standard course.

VISUAL OVERHAUL
Thanks to Simsmagic for helping me ditch the boring GFZROCK theme, and make the zone seem much more bright and vibrant with nice custom textures/flats!

NEW COURSE
Moved GGZ4 to GGZ9, and turned GGZ4 into a new, standard course(And probably the most detailed to date!).

NEW COURSES
Moved NSZ1 to NSZ9, and added a new NSZ1 and NSZ2.

Attachments

• xsrb0000.png
    xsrb0000.png
    135.2 KB · Views: 648
  • g_GardenGolf.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 889
Last edited:
Accepted. In other news, GFZROCK is a really boring theme and I really hate Golf boss fights and Golf pit fests (i.e. third and fourth map). In the former, the boss kills you if you don't move fast enough, which results either in penalty strokes for dying or in wasted strokes for avoiding fire. In the latter, you just die. A lot.

Accepted. In other news, GFZROCK is a really boring theme and I really hate Golf boss fights and Golf pit fests (i.e. third and fourth map). In the former, the boss kills you if you don't move fast enough, which results either in penalty strokes for dying or in wasted strokes for avoiding fire. In the latter, you just die. A lot.

It's not that big a pit fest.
...if you're good at Sonic Golf. >_>;

And honestly, I don't see how the boss is so hard. What I just do is start a spin, wait for him to shoot a missile, then shoot forward. Jump and hit. Then repeat. I might add a real 3rd map later. Maybe.
On another note, I tried to avoid adding a boss and just using enemies, but that didn't work. So :/ sorry to disappoint.

Funny, because the 4th map is my favorite, with Act 2 next in line.

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Added my records to the screenshots. Think you can beat me?

Edit: Oh, hey, look what I did!
98g0ep.png

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

Update: Replaced the old boss battle with a new enemy battle. Simply defeat all the enemies.

Last edited:
This thing was sigsevving for me, so I had to delete the fancy text at the beginning and end of the MAINCFG in order to run it. You might want to do that on your master copy too.

I liked it. I forgot that I had to collect all the rings on one of the levels to continue, which was sucky. Also, I was surprised when I didn't have to kill the SDURFs to continue.

This thing was sigsevving for me, so I had to delete the fancy text at the beginning and end of the MAINCFG in order to run it. You might want to do that on your master copy too.

I liked it. I forgot that I had to collect all the rings on one of the levels to continue, which was sucky. Also, I was surprised when I didn't have to kill the SDURFs to continue.

Thanks for the feedback.

Courses will be added and updated frequently, so check back every once in a while.
The sigsegv never happened for me...

This wad will make a fine golf course one day.
I tried it out and just realized that I was playing on Zephyr Hills' golf course.

Bump;
Updated to v0.4!
-One and two new courses for Garden Golf Zone and Nighttime Stroll Zone, respectively.
-A rather shitty "Final Course" added. Don't worry; it will be turned into a legit course someday!

Bump;
Updated to v0.4!
-One and two new courses for Garden Golf Zone and Nighttime Stroll Zone, respectively.
-A rather shitty "Final Course" added. Don't worry; it will be turned into a legit course someday!

You don't have to call your "Final Course" shitty. It looks great to me, but it takes time to hit the Egg Slimer (Which is somewhat impossible).

The Final Course is hard, but the mod still looks great.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back