XSRB2 vX-010 - Updated 7.17.11 7:11PM EDT (xsrb2-010.zip/xmus.dta)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The theme for Daybreak Dash makes hum along to it. & the trick with DDZ1's Monitor/Crawla bouncing was quite impressive. (For me anyway)

I just played this for the very first time today. Love the new levels - it's nice to see somebody using all of the new 2.x features for what they were intended. Seems like most of the stuff we get on the OLDC could run on 1.09.4. Golf was a billion times more fun than anticipated, too!

xsrb0000.png

I suck at Sonic Golf. :3

How do you get into it? I can't find it.

Sorry to put a bump here, but when I unlocked the Sky Room/Secrets Menu, I didn't got the Bonus Levels. I really don't know why, and I finished the game twice.
Am I missing something here?

May I ask who was the one who moved this to the hall of fame? If it was the maker, insertweabootexthere, I'm calling bullshit.

May I ask who was the one who moved this to the hall of fame? If it was the maker, insertweabootexthere, I'm calling bullshit.
I'm pretty sure Inu wouldn't get away with moving his own creation into the HoF without asking, worthy or otherwise.

Spazzo originally suggested it, Prime 2.0 moved it. And before he moved it, the judges voted on it. The result was 11-2 for HoF.

Just curious but, any chance of us playing that new and improved proof of concept special stages seen in that one youtube video?

Bump-ish. I had an idea last night on how to fix catwalks so that they render. I'm not a programmer or I would try this myself, but, since that and fog are the only two things still broken in XSRB2's OpenGL (it has the most complete OGL so I'm putting this here,) with shadows on it would look really nice. Here's my idea:

1. The game would find the coordinates of the area where the catwalk should be rendered:
    catwalk_1.png

2. Then, the game would use these coordinates to find the size of the sector and then internally tile the flat to that size:
    catwalk_2.bmp

3. The game would then (again, internally) take that tiled flat and transform it using the sector coordinates, and store it to temporary graphics memory as a sprite:
    catwalk_3.bmp

4. Then, this "sprite" would be rendered normally in the given position, and with shadows on it would be a realistic effect.
  5. And finally, voila! The final image that the player sees:
    catwalk_4.bmp

Of course, without the red lines, those were just to help both you and me to see the boundary and what was happening. So, is something like this or similar possible?

Last edited:
Metal96:

1) Those problems are present in the regular SRB2's OpenGL too, actually.
2) The pictures in that post of yours don't work.

Last edited:
1) Those problems are present in the regular SRB2's OpenGL too, actually.
I have an assumption that one or other OGL fix is likely to happen, but there's no guarantee; so frankly speaking, I wouldn't wait for it.

I do know it's possible to fix animated flats with transparent pixels and catwalks. I know because someone in the past already did it, but it seems that everything was "lost". :S

Last edited:
I don't know if I am the first person but my music wad will not load. I even try to load my music wad too but that doesn't work either. Can someone give me a tip or something?

lol
Anyways, it's probably just your wad, not xsrb2. You should see the help forum instead.
Okay, I ment to say the game's music and my music but I'll still take your advice. It's an awsome game, I think it'll be better if I hear a tune or something.

I keep getting this message when i try to use x.srb: No lump found in playpal or something like that, and the textures dont load

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back