Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently I forgot to attatch my Match level to the submission thread.

I'll do that when I get home.

So, I just entered two maps in the contest.
First one:

Amber Ravine - Match
A very basic match map, Amber Ravine features no real gimmicks to speak of.
Also, this map was made in 2 days (in actuality 15 hours or something).
Screens:

6iwp52.jpg

-The cave area, which contains the Scatter Panel and water.

6jow2c.jpg

-Looking into a side path from the central room. The central room contains the SRM on a high ledge.

Sunkist Falls - CTF
Sunkist Falls is a lava-based map, which was slightly inspired by Icicle Falls. It features many lava, tunnels, and paths.
This was a collaboration between me and Blade: I made the basic layout and item placement, while Blade finalized the layout and added many graphical touches.
Screens:

11kw6z6.jpg

-The red base, with lots of lava, the Explosion Panel, and nice looks (thanks Blade!)

140vznp.jpg

-Looking at the central part, with the Rail Panel hidden behind the middle rock pillar, a WRM on that pillar, and the Grenade Panel + SRM just below the sightline of this screenshot.

I hope these maps do well, and good luck to all other entrants!

Sunkist Falls isn't as Sunkist-y as Sunkist Boiler/"Crimson Caves" at all.

Son, I am dissapoint.

You might want to look at the bottom screen in my post. That screen is an area not seen in Mario Koopa Blast, but is seen in Giana Dream Blast.

I plan on adding trivia about the Great Giana Sisters to this level for the non-contest version.

Yeah, I did. ^_^

The clears it up that only the first area is the same.

You're forever marked on the wiki page as the winner, your title, and ultimate bragging rights.

But in reality, the contest is just about getting feedback on your levels, in a more professional manner than before. Winning simply means that you're doing the most right, and that's a reward in itself.

Dang, for a moment there I thought I was going to win by default for being the sole CTF entrant. Well, I'll still have few opponents...but that'll also mean it'll be easier to come in last!

Wait, I thought that was Coldlava Cliffs. FuriousFox, is CCZ in that count of two, or is it fawfulfan's?

So far the only two CTF maps I have are Coldlava Cliffs and Sunkist Falls. The only map Fawfulfan has entered so far is Upload Download Zone, which is Match. (Nope, it's actually CTF.)

EDIT: Err, wait, I apparently counted 2 of the CTF maps as Match. I guess we have 4 CTF maps, then.

Last edited:
Contest preview topic is up. Feel free to check if I missed anything or put any map in the wrong category. Lots of collaborations this time around.

I have added the division each of my maps are in in parentheses next to the level name, thereby making it easier to distinguish which are for which division as a help to FuriousFox(so he doesn't have to click on each one to find out what it is).

Also, Fountain Hills(match) is planned for next contest, as well as Overgrown Ruins(CTF) and Incendiary Cavern(as stated in my sig) Zone 1 will be finished for the Mar/Apr 10 OLDC.

before we get on with voting, I got one screen that I posted in my submition topic that I want to show here:
srb20092-1.png

Can I have a little while longer, I need to get my level editor going so I can finish something that does not work? Only one hour left till voting can begin!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back