• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Real Deal Metal Harbour- Adventure Example Replacement!

Sonic-only or Any Character?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No Software Mode support? You moron. What about people who can't run OpenGL (like me, or Draykon). It actually runs better in Software Mode than in OpenGL for me.

Also, there's a bit of a texture problem when using SA-SRB2.wad's textures.

That green texture looks out of place.

Boinciel said:
glaber said:
Edit: What gives? Is this an early version? When I read your discrption I expected more than red springs that lead to a watery death.

Positives: I really liked how this looks alot more like Metal Harbor than the orignal example did.

I like releasing maps early on and recieve feedback so I know if I should continue or not. It's just my way of knowing if it is just complete trash or not.

Oh, and front post updated with pictures.

You said you may scrap this. In my opinion this is one of the "good" maps. There are very few maps that are remade into SRB2 such as Emerald Coast.

I'll Begin said:
No Software Mode support? You moron. What about people who can't run OpenGL (like me, or Draykon). It actually runs better in Software Mode than in OpenGL for me.

Also, there's a bit of a texture problem when using SA-SRB2.wad's textures.

That green texture looks out of place.

Software is rather glitchy when dealing with levels of this magnitude.

As for the second problem... Don't add SA-SRB2. ;)

I'm aware that Software Mode can't handle all this, but I still think some tighter Thok Barriers would help a little.

Another suggestion. You could make some loops (like in newloop.wad, but more SA-Like) and also making use of Linedef Type 63 (example) on the loop, and slopes too.

If you do make loops, I suggest using a zoom tube instead of a light dash trail. But it's up to you.

Here's a suggestion. Instead of using xmsflr02 for white stuff use mariof11 for white stuff. Also before you start again i'd suggest fixing the graphical bugs.

Perhaps you could use Jetty Syns instead of those wasp things. They're easier to see and can also be deafed to do nothing.

Zeshiro said:
Chaos said:
How will you do the board thing?

Have a sector force the skin into the Sonic from the Sonic Riders mod and use a zoom tube.

I don't want to steal the SonicRider skin. Besides, I don't think I will use a Zoom Tube there, because I want the player to have control. Don't tell me you never wanted to run down that shaft right from the point of dropping off the rocket, I know you did.

For the first check point I noticed there was'nt any springs there. Why don't you just put a red spring there that leads to the next part instead?

Cheese said:
For the first check point I noticed there was'nt any springs there. Why don't you just put a red spring there that leads to the next part instead?
I haven't done that yet.

Draykon said:
That's nice and all, but you could easily reshape the thok barrier a bit to lessen the load on the Software renderer.
I'm going to do just that.

Boinciel said:
I don't want to steal the SonicRider skin. Besides, I don't think I will use a Zoom Tube there, because I want the player to have control. Don't tell me you never wanted to run down that shaft right from the point of dropping off the rocket, I know you did.

Well yeah, so I just ran back up and lived out the experience as if I did.

1)Wrong water texture, use an actual (transparent) water block, then put black under it.
2)The shacks off the side of the runway were too big.
3)Try adding SA-SRB2.wad while you're playing the level, it's hysterical.

Hmm... Looks good, but I have an idea. Those yellow lines, try putting a Bouncy sector on the yellow linedefs. Not a request, but a suggestion.

Bouncey said:
-ONLY PLAY IN OPENGL! Software Mode has so many glitches because the level is so open and large...

Opengl dosen't work that well on my computer so I can't download this wad.
It's not TOO bad in Software. It's better for me in Software than it is in OpenGL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back