• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

chi.miru's project/lua/resource thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic stuff!

I know I see your stuff when you post it on IRC and I'm not always able to respond to it there but. You're pushing this engine hard and doing amazing things and basically I love what you make keep up the good work <3

VR Missions in SRB2 is fucking adorable. Wouldn't have imagined a minimap was possible.

Well, you really seem to be having fun with you're doing. I know how awesome that feels, so here's hoping you'll keep it up!

So um.. Merry Christmas and stuff, and I figured I would save something special for today.

I have been working on this for quite a while (thanks RedEnchilada) and I'm hoping in the end, my idea will work out

I've been posting a lot about the Rainbow Radiance addon but really never shared anything about it except a couple of videos and menus, so now I want to show events I've made. What I have today are two things you can expect from it and there will be more later if things end up working out

----
NOTIC: names are used but no sprites exist, thank you

[TestScene03 - ]

[TestScene02 - ]

I was going to make a third but, oh well. Maybe another day

Have a nice day peeps

Last edited:
THAT STUFF LOOKS AMAZING.

You do great things!!!! great job >w< Merry shitscram, you awesome nerd~

Attempting to mess with hud graphic layering and overlays
b1.png
b1_emp.png

b2.png
b2_emp.png

srb2ems_rb-2016-01-11_15-25-44.png

Now I start wondering who you can call in this menu...But, hey, awesome job as always!
...However, what is the rgx file thingy exactly for?

Now I start wondering who you can call in this menu...But, hey, awesome job as always!
...However, what is the rgx file thingy exactly for?

It's a custom graphics header table that references 2D graphics in code to easily keep track of them (thank you RedEnchilada), so I gave it a name to identify with
It's also a file-type extension I store my graphics in.
edit: extension stands for rainbowGfx

Last edited:
Not related to the last update, but I tried to take up putting them
into opengl (I need them)
I thought I should share as well :
srb2-2016-01-14_00-38-33.png

Niiiice~

It's silly how slopes were made - TWICE - in openGL but then ignored when they were actually made Canon in Software, so it's good that you fixed that! :D

Holy...!
I'm so happy that opengl slopes are finally gonna be a thing, considering I'm not fond of software at all. This thread is too full of wonderful things, nerf it!

Honestly can't wait. I haven't been able to touch slopes since they were implemented. I'm glad to see someone else still cares about OpenGL :)

This makes me so happy. Now I no longer have to be worried about the future of OpenGL, regarding slopes.

OpenGL still needs a lot of TLC... When a hardware renderer is on the same order of magnitude of speed as a software renderer, something is seriously wrong.

Still... you're doing the lord's work, Chee. :3

Last edited:
Following up from December, I had something else planned for this, but instead I spent two days writing up something different.
Many of the demos and graphic overlays above along with the boss huds were made just for this (surprise I guess?)

[enc_RRInt Video - Rainbow Radiance add-on introduction]
previous scrapped content below has been added to Archive 1 on page 1 (first post) also
[oldestintro - oldestintrov3]

I'm bored and have nothing else to do so I'm just working on one thing now

Last edited:
!!!!!!!!!!

I have been extremely lucky to see everything leading up to this introduction video, and that is some good stuff. You are a Good, and the things you make are happy-inducing.

I'm happy about where this is going, and look forward to seeing more cool stuff like it in the future!

srb2ems_rbio-2016-01-26_15-59-52.png

We're trying to get some sort of save functioning in so we can store some things
(maybe like the darkened menu item that's still locked), but it's not easy to write/manage, so we'll see what happens

I can also say opengl slopes are done now, minus a few bugfixes
srb2-2016-01-27_02-15-32.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back