• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dirk's Studio of Spriting and other things

i think this project is dead now :|

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

i think this project is dead now, which is a shame because i rly wanted to play as him too

Ok, Since I really haven't posted anything in quite a long time, I want to make this little post short.

Over the last few months, I haven't made any progress on Mario which is disappointing to some people who were looking forward to me finishing him. That said, I really have no idea on the fate of my Mario wad. There is a high possibility that I'm gonna discontinue the project and just move to new project maybe. There are a few reasons why I think this way for Mario.

1- I lost the motivation for this project.
2- I'm either doing spriting stuff for free time or helping others with their projects.
3- Other stuff that has a higher priority than working on Mario.

So yea, those are pretty much the reasons why I stopped working on Mario. If I ever do plan on continuing him in the future, there's a high chance that I may want to redo the sprites entirely. Due to the sprites being made from last year, I could see a point of redoing and/or fixing up some sprites and animations. But we'll see how things work out for me soon.

Until then, stay tuned for more sprite work.

I'm still around, I'm just occupied with certain things at the time. Since I haven't posted anything in quite a long time, I may as well put some other sprite work in progresses in this thread.

Here's a full rotation of Dr. Eggman. And this one's special because he isn't in his Eggmobile! Plans for doing sprite remakes of the boss fights (besides Metal Sonic and Brak Eggman) are planned to be remade as well, so stay tuned!

GETALOADOFTHIS.gif

Remember this guys?
YAHOO.gif

Let's not say I regret reviving this project that was started in early 2017.
srb20012.gif

A2A8 was done by MotorRoach while tweaked and the rest of the rotations done by me. Also, thanks to Chrispy for fixing some problems with A4A6 and A5

I'll be making him for kart and maybe 2.2.

I think it looks great but there is a noteworthy detail, the mario does not adhere very well to the style of 2.1 if not more adhere to what will be seen in 2.2

This looks veeery promising, but i think you won't come back for a little while, i hope you finish this project soon! Also, when you are done with programming Mario, release an separate .WAD file for him in "Characters" section, so... GO FOR IT!

Its been like a year since I last posted something on my thread. Might as well revived this thing in some way. (Or when 2.2 arrives, who knows when.) I've been trying to figure out source coding with the past few days, so here's a little something I've whipped up.

attachment.php

Rarely would ever posted something that involve coding but it will do for now. Still going to be at my spriting game and I will eventually post some more progress on stuff here.

Attachments

• kart0162.gif
    kart0162.gif
    521.8 KB · Views: 1,870
Damn, he looks slick! Are his powers going to change or only his sprites? I hope I'd able to ice skate all over the stages again.

Yes, Ice platforms and Ice Surf are still in as his main abilities, and there will be a visual upgrade for nearly everything that the next update of Dirk has to offer. But I won't spoil anything until later on or when the update goes live.

Last edited:
I figured I show you guys another big thing today that is part of Dirk's v2.0 update.

attachment.php

New match weapons. What do they do? You'll have to wait to find out.

Attachments

• srb20042.png
    srb20042.png
    100.1 KB · Views: 1,388
I've making some progress on another character addon, so I may as well show it off here. Some of you remember this boy from my character pack for SRB2Kart. He got redesigned and is now being turned into a playable character for SRB2.

attachment.php

Whirl the Ram. He will be helping out Dirk on his adventure.

Attachments

• srb20049.gif
    srb20049.gif
    4.8 MB · Views: 1,062

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back