Mouselook issue on new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesfire

Since 2006
Hey everyone, I recently got a new PC and installed SRB2 on it today, but my mouselook is not working properly. It appears like it's constantly trying to recenter against me. Never had this issue before and I'm not sure what to do.

replace the old srb2win with it

NO

This is not intended as a replacement of 2.1.19's srb2win.exe, though it is netplay compatible with it. I can at least debug crashes with it if necessary.

It makes it easier to debug 2.1.19's srb2win.exe and my fix exe if they're not being confused with each other, I put that message there for a reason.

In any case I'm pushing the other devs for a 2.1.20 release so the fix can be included with it. =P

Worked perfectly! Thank you! Any knowledge on what causes the issue? I'm interested.

EDIT: Just saw your response Monster, Anything I can do to fix the issue then?

It's not a problem on your side, it's due to an old SDL2 mouse hack, which is fixed, in the meantime you can use the exe MI made untill 2.1.20 is released.

Yeah I mostly just stated that to make sure you didn't replace srb2win.exe with it, because then that would be a headache for anyone trying to debug crashes. Tis because the EIPs would differ, being a different exe.

I went to play SRB2 today and just now started seeing this exact issue. Only significant thing I did between now and the last time I played SRB2 was update Windows 10 a few days ago, so I'm guessing that is to blame. Wanted to post here to say 1. Thank you Monster Iestyn for making this, and 2. Wanted to show that this issue is a problem for myself and seemingly others as well. Seeing as there have been two threads already, and having this implemented into a 2.1.20 may need to be seen sooner than later in my opinion.

The Windows 10 fall creators update is definitely to blame as I could no longer use my mouse after the update. However, as I don't use the mouse as often as everyone else, I'll wait until 2.1.20 comes out to be able to use it again.

Was your camera snapping back to the middle whenerver you try to move the mouse by any chance? If so, you have the same problem as a bunch of other people. In which case you should refer to this post for a test exe to fix this issue: https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=42848#10

Please go to the link in this post.

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 AM ----------

It's not a problem on your side, it's due to an old SDL2 mouse hack, which is fixed, in the meantime you can use the exe MI made untill 2.1.20 is released.
wait. do you mean 2.2?

No, a 2.1.20 patch is in the works that includes this fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back