Your "WTF" moments in Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Angelus_the_echidna said:
I hate Like-Like(s)!! The last one I ran into got my Hylian Shield and my Zora Tunic. I had to find some Skulltulas just so I could get the damn tunic back (When I play, I generally don't look for those. It takes too long)
Just pause while it is swallowing you and switch to the Kokiri (Green) Tunic/Mirror Sheild, the Like Likes can't eat those.

Not if when it spits you out, you fall down a pit. Right after I showed up at the respawn point 'in Ganon's Tower, I killed it ritght away and both of them were gone

@CK: As a rule, I keep the mirror shield on. I forgot what I was doing beforehand that made me take it off. But I never thought of that. Thanks.

Rayman 2:
When i got a glitch that made rayman fly like superman with his hands out after getting hit by a robot pirate while having a powder peg O.o that was weird when i first did that though.

Rayman 3:
Finding that weird colourful place that looks like a glitched up place near the first doctor place when you have to fight the hoodlums and getting diamonds there i was like "WTF WHAT IS THIS PLACE IS MY CD SCRATCHED TOO MUCH?" and that was weird too.

Sonic Adventure DX:
When i died when running so fast away from that whale and i was like "WHAT THE HOW DID I DIE I WAS JUST RUNNING HOW COULD I DIE OMG THAT WAS JUST STUPID" and of course that was weird because that never happened to me before.

Super Mario 64:
Dieing after opening a green block which made Mario metal and then he suddenly fell through the floor and died but before he died he went "YAHOO!". Creepy O.o.........

Thats about all i can remember that were "WTF" moments in gaming for me.

OFFTOPIC:ITS TIME FOR AAANIMAAANIACS!!

Anyway yeah thats all.

New one for ya.

In MEtroid: Other M, the
True Final Final Secret Boss of Finality before you reclaim Adam's helmet in the post-game scenario. Just what in the name of Phazon IS that abomination?! It looks like Satan fucked a Metroid Queen and Mother Brain and then the children made an incestuous freak-baby of death... which then fucked the Nitemare.

Turns out it's Phantoon. How the hell did I miss that?

Last edited:
The entirety of Herzen Castle from Professor Layton 2 was one big WTF for me. Plot twists out of left field and a good amount of Batman logic. At least the epic fencing duel made up for it.

I don't know if this one counts, but when I first started to mess with Debug Mode in Sonic 3 & Knuckles in a weird way... THIS happens.

wtfcrash.png

Some call it a buffer crash, I personally call it, *What did I just do to the game...?*

Another moment when I was playing the Gamecube version of Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask, you know that mini-boss called Gomess in the Inverted Stone Tower Temple? (That dark ghost-like thing wielding a scythe.) After killing it and going to open the Blue Chest which holds the Big Key. The game froze as soon as I opened the chest, so I was forced to redo the Temple all over again. -_-

I don't know if this one counts, but when I first started to mess with Debug Mode in Sonic 3 & Knuckles in a weird way... THIS happens.

wtfcrash.png

Some call it a buffer crash, I personally call it, *What did I just do to the game...?

It happens more in Sonic 2. What's more, I don't think a single (official) emulated version I've played ever could handle it, so to speak. Doing it on the 360 version in the UGC crashes the 360 entirely. The iPhone version shuts down completely, as does SEGA Smash Pack 2's version, IIRC.

Metriod Prime 3 is one of my favorite games. So, you may understand how agonizing it was when the game disc became smeared or scratched or something, causing the game to always freeze in the same area during a required backtracking session on Bryyo.

Had one recently while playing Okami. Near the beginning of the game, you have to redraw the sword on the great statue of Nagi. I tried a countless amount of times to make a straight vertical stroke with the Wii Remote's pointer and failed every time, even when I was getting the stroke down the correct way. It took me a while to realize that I had to stand a little closer to the statue for it to work. The really dumb part? This was on my second playthrough of the game.

The big trip-mine- and explosives-filled warehouse in the latter part of Half-Life. I've only reached it once, and it took several deaths for me to fully realize the situation I was in.

Oh, and there's that puzzle in the Bottle Grotto in Link's Awakening where you have to kill some enemies in the right order to obtain a necessary key. It took me so long to obtain that key during my first playthrough. Although the order was given in a hint, this was useless because I didn't know which names identified which enemies, and I didn't know what enemies in which room I was supposed to kill. Plus, my family didn't have internet access at that point, so going on GameFAQs for the solution wasn't possible. I think I accidentally solved it by just lobbing bombs in random directions in the right room.

super said:
I could of sworn that if you kill like-likes they give you back your stuff?

If memory serves me right, there are a couple of games where Like-Likes don't give you back your stuff, even if you kill them on solid ground. I'm pretty sure Link's Awakening and Oracle of Ages/Seasons are some of those games.

Last edited:
It happens more in Sonic 2. What's more, I don't think a single (official) emulated version I've played ever could handle it, so to speak. Doing it on the 360 version in the UGC crashes the 360 entirely. The iPhone version shuts down completely, as does SEGA Smash Pack 2's version, IIRC.

Never had that happen to me. The worst I've seen in Sonic Mega Collection was Sonic teleporting to some weird place and the camera going berserk.

Never had that happen to me. The worst I've seen in Sonic Mega Collection was Sonic teleporting to some weird place and the camera going berserk.

Same here. I was always able to access Debug mode in Mega Collection Plus. :S

Well, Minecraft is full of WTF moments for me. Sometimes a chunk doesn't load properly, and I have a random off-looking cliff with coal deposits hanging out. That, and CREEPERS are a real WTF moment when they're right behind you and you're all "WTF-*booooom*"

... Then there's a chunk missing out of your house. :<

My WTF moment in gaming? When I was about 9 and I was playing my first GBA game- Sonic Advance 3, theres a part with spinning poles on the 6th zone, and you can see Amy's... Thingies... I was like... Pretty much like how I am now...
WHY RUIN MY CHILDHOOD, SEGA?!

I was being a Brawlnewb, playing through the event part of SSBB, and I started the "Hammer of the King" event, and I was scared.
So as soon as the event started, I see a giant metal Dedede falling, then "GAME!!!" appears on my screen.
I was seriously saying "...What".

My WTF moment in gaming? When I was about 9 and I was playing my first GBA game- Sonic Advance 3, theres a part with spinning poles on the 6th zone, and you can see Amy's... Thingies... I was like... Pretty much like how I am now...
WHY RUIN MY CHILDHOOD, SEGA?!

In Sonic the Fighters, Amy, who was even YOUNGER, wore NO panties whatsoever.

I'm pretty sure that was even worse.

If memory serves me right, there are a couple of games where Like-Likes don't give you back your stuff, even if you kill them on solid ground. I'm pretty sure Link's Awakening and Oracle of Ages/Seasons are some of those games.

I believe that most games have it so you have to kill the Like-Like in a certain period of time to get your stuff back. Doesn't make them any less annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back