Help with paint

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use paint a lot to make sprites and edit sprites, but now i think there is a problem with paint, it looks like there are some few colors i can use, i mean, i cant use all the colors, sometimes when i select a color that color doesnt appears like i wanted to, for example, when i chose a light blue, it appears like a normal blue.

Does anione knows how to fix this problem??
sorry for bad english lol

No. That's happening because it's been saved with the Doom Pallete. Even if you made the sprite without editing sprites you got from a WAD, it would be converted to that Pallete to work with the game.

Learn to live with it. You can't always use the colours you want to.

ok i did that it works with 24 bit bitmap, thanks a lot :)

EDIT:
Monster Iestyn said:
No. That's happening because it's been saved with the Doom Pallete. Even if you made the sprite without editing sprites you got from a WAD, it would be converted to that Pallete to work with the game.

what if i work with 24 bit bitmap? would it work on the game?

Just use XWE to import the sprites.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that light blue typically turns transparent in most wad editors.

You could import it, yes, but XWE or SlumpED would remove any colors that aren't in the Doom pallete, potentially hurting the quality.

kiro the hedgehog said:
ok i did that it works with 24 bit bitmap, thanks a lot :)

EDIT:
Monster Iestyn said:

what if i work with 24 bit bitmap? would it work on the game?

No it wouldn't. It makes no difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back