Rail Ring Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, this has been happening since I came to SRB2. Whenever I get my hands on a Rail Ring, I seem to have lower Aim and accuracy. Only certain levels(Like CTF levels) let me use he Rail Ring with better aim. I've tried everything, from playing with bots and adding Explosion Rings with the Rail Ring, but it won't work. The only levels I can use Rail Rings are in CTF levels, except for Iron Turret Zone. Can someone give me tips on how to solve my little "problem"? Also, I have bad thokking skills as whele. Whenever I play CTF and Match, I get slower and lower at Race.

What do you mean by "aim and accuracy"? It's not as if the Rail Ring is casting Drain Aim on you, and it's harder to hit with because...
a) Of the Halo Curse (Characters run SO DARN FAST you can't get a hit)
b) The ring is actually pretty small, and since there's no scope on your arm, you have to remain zoom-ed out. That means that you only have a crosshair on your screen to aim at a few pixels of enemy hundreds of feet away.
As for your being better at CTF...it could be that, because enemies need to head towards you, you have a better shot at them. They're not moving to the right or left or anything.
This has encouraged me to write a Weapons Guide somewhere sometime. I'll get more down here when I think about it.

QUICK! TO THE WIKIIIIIIIIII!

supersonic45 said:
Okay, this has been happening since I came to SRB2. Whenever I get my hands on a Rail Ring, I seem to have lower Aim and accuracy. Only certain levels(Like CTF levels) let me use he Rail Ring with better aim. I've tried everything, from playing with bots and adding Explosion Rings with the Rail Ring, but it won't work. The only levels I can use Rail Rings are in CTF levels, except for Iron Turret Zone. Can someone give me tips on how to solve my little "problem"? Also, I have bad thokking skills as whele. Whenever I play CTF and Match, I get slower and lower at Race.
I think I can help you. All you have to do is turn chasecam off, set keys to look up/down, strafe left/right, and use the rail ring to snipe people. You catch my drift?

I just followed your directions by going to the Wiki, turns out, they don't have any Match stages help on the site.
Edit: I do that.

There is a way to zoom in during a match, but it requires opengl mode.

And then there's the fact that gr_fov only works in Single Player :x

Unless you feel like doing something that I'm not going to tell you about.

I've done it, but I only used it for messing about, I don't need zoom to snipe.

So unless I can get gr_fov working in software mode, I'm not showing it to anyone. Just to make it fair to the people with crappy GPUs

Rail Ring is essentially point and click. Point the crosshair on the target, and click the trigger. I highly suggest using WASD and the mouse to control in first person modes, especially with Rail, because using a mouse to aim the crosshair is much more intuitive than using keys to look in different directions.

To be fair, if suddenly the rail ring had a zoom function suddenly it would get a lot harder for everyone without a rail ring, as all the user with the rail would have to do is just step to the side to avoid rings if they are on a high point (such as in starlit warehouse) and could easily hit everyone else.

cueball61 said:
There is a way to zoom in during a match, but it requires opengl mode.

And then there's the fact that gr_fov only works in Single Player :x

Unless you feel like doing something that I'm not going to tell you about.

I've done it, but I only used it for messing about, I don't need zoom to snipe.

So unless I can get gr_fov working in software mode, I'm not showing it to anyone. Just to make it fair to the people with crappy GPUs

There is a Fieldofview variable in Software mode, but experimentation shows that it isn't the same as OpenGL's field of view, and it can't seem to be changed in realtime.

Whackjood said:
To be fair, if suddenly the rail ring had a zoom function suddenly it would get a lot harder for everyone without a rail ring, as all the user with the rail would have to do is just step to the side to avoid rings if they are on a high point (such as in starlit warehouse) and could easily hit everyone else.

You've never played a game with a sniper rifle, the whole point is to give you a huge advantage at long range >_>

supersonic45 said:
I use WASD, and cueball, could you tell me the trick, since I'm always in Open GL?

No.

Because others would be at a disadvantage because they wouldn't be able to zoom.

cueball61 said:
Whackjood said:

You've never played a game with a sniper rifle, the whole point is to give you a huge advantage at long range >_>

Meh, i would rather keep it without a zoom function anyway i dont want a huge uneven advantage to the first guy to just run for a little spinning thing in the air.

The reason you can't use GR_FOV in multiplayer is because you used to be able to and it was completely ridiculous. It's still possible to hack the EXE to do it, obviously, but that's cheating and I highly discourage you from doing it.

Why can't we? I'm not immune to the rules. Admins aren't immune to the rules. Hell, I remember removing AJ's avatar privileges a while back.

Just because someone has a status around here doesn't mean that they can ignore the rules. If Shuffle actually does what he's suggesting, he will be banned like anyone else.

My question is still not answered. I have no good aim. And the weirdest thing, most people attack me because they think I can imrove. They should know, and I keep telling them, "After all, have you seen I actually go away from Rail Rings?" I have to bad of an eyesight, but I should still be able to use it properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back