DMSC? Bah! Thats old news!...wait....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzo

At the site, of an old graveyard, a certain mod exists that should never of died....luckily for us, Ree-c was strolling by, and gave this mod a 1-Up :D
Anyways...aside from the corny story, JTE managed to port DMSC to 1.09.2, so i've decided to start bringing DMSC back from the dead!
dmsc4wv.png

Features:
  • I made an actual Intro for it! Wait at the first screen to watch it. :D
  • 3D DMSC! You can hurt people in a 3D course and they will fly away!
  • Reverted the starting and ending screen! :D
  • Unfortunatly, had to remove the snowy level due to bad framerate :(
  • Re-added in teh space and lava level, by popular demand :)
  • Removed the buggy Toad
    [*] Finishing the level wont bring you to the title screen anymore! :D
CURRENT BUGS:
  • Beamsword still dosent work. Sorry guys.
  • The Ranking system is also b0rked, so just ignore that.
  • You ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO open this program using one of the two .bat files that come with the ZIP, hence theres a custom IWAD for DMSC.
  • To join a game with DMSC, you have go into the game, and use the console commands LISTSERV and CONNECT.
  • There seems to be this really odd bug with the camera, where if somebody loses all their lives, the camera goes on the host, or another player, and wont reset to you. Im not sure whats causing this, but the only way to fix it is by either going into coop/race and F12'in till you find yourself, or rejoining.

Also, just a heads-up:
We only have 5 levels! :\
We could use some more levels, 2D or 3D, as long as they are good looking, play well, and I accept them. Don't fret, however, Im learning how to wad in 2D as we speak, hopefully I can do it well :).
So, yeah, I hope you guys enjoy this newly ported version, and kudos goes to Ree-c! :D

Oh, and before I forget:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zi350y <--Link to it.

EDIT: Oh ya, if you would like to join the team, or wad something for DMSC, stop by the message board at
www.sepwich.com/dmsc

I am well aware of the bug in the Lava level. I believe it gets fixed in netgames, which totally defeats the purpose of fixing it, because you cant play the game in single player anyways. :P
Thanks, Flame!

I get a bug when I start the game:

a WAD file was not found

a file is corrupt or has been modified(when it hasn't) srb2.srb.

Help here? I really wanna play this mod!

You get the corrupt/modifyed when you RUN SMASHRB2.EXE OR IN THE LAUNCHER
Use the .bat's. dmsc.bat for software, and dmsc-ogl.bat for...OpenGL.
As for a "wad file is not found", ignore that. Leftovers from the old version, and dmsc-title.wad, I guess. It still runs fine without it.

Spazzo, I'd like to join the team and create the SSMB levels for this. I think that'd be fun.

Erm, I thought JTE said he DIDN'T port it to 1.09.2.. >_>
Alam/Logan (can't remember which) ported it to 1.09, which should be good enough. I don't think there's a difference in srb2.srb between 1.09.2 and 1.09..

Either way, if you guys tell me the name of the extra wadfiles you added, and give me some time, I may add them into the game (meaning they load without a .bat file). If I get really ambitious, I might even fix a couple bugs, too. ^_~

Edit: From reading some more of these posts, I see that people get the corrupt/modified srb2.srb error. Meaning that it WASN'T ported to 1.09.2.. I suppose I can fix it to check for the new srb2.srb while I'm at it, too.
You guys are damn lucky I'm so nice. >_>

There should be a character limit so names don't go through each other.... there should also be a character limit for netgames, it really annoys me when I can't see how many people are playing. XD

Spazzo, if I remember correctly, I was the one who got it working, setting up the batch files, and sent it to you when you asked "How did I get the 1.82.0". <.<"

And JTE didn't touch the game at all, it was just lying about in my SRB2 directory, I had it for ages.

Oh, and if you want to make levels for this, if you make the levels 2D, like all of its official maps, the cmaera focus' on the center of the map, the "Cross" that you see in wadauthor (I don't know about DB though), and only sonic can double jump, so knuckles has the least chance of getting up higher laces, so if you do put high platforms on the map, make them risng/lowering and add springs.

Have fun :P

That "cross" is the origin-coordinate 0,0. DB shows you the coordinates of a point is you mouse over it-just put a scenery thing at 0,0 or something to keep track of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back