Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok,now I'm trying to see to this map editing thing.Now in order for this the directions say I need srb2edit.cfg......where in the world is that?

No, for map editing, you need to download a special configuration file designed for editing SRB2 levels. You're using DoomBuilder, I hope? If so, there's a config for it that you can download somewhere around here. If you're using WadAuthor, I'm not entirely sure what you need to do because I've never used that program.

No, no, no. Supershadow2's tricked you I see. You're not supposed to use the config from SRB2. That's a completely different file than the one you need. Look for the DoomBuilder config on this message board and then put it in your DoomBuilder directory. Then tell it to use that config. You may have to go into your program settings to tell it the location of your srb2.srb file (IWAD).

yes you do.i know all that crap.I DON"T KNOW WHERE THE FILE IS

EDIT:OH CRUD I DIDN"T SEE THaT!

EDIT:it still doesn't work still

Have you read my entire post? Part of it says:

I said:
Look for the DoomBuilder config on this message board and then put it in your DoomBuilder directory. Then tell it to use that config.

I really hope you aren't trying to use the config.cfg from SRB2. I shall state again that that config is not the one you want. You're supposed to use the DoomBuilder config.

FoxBlitzz said:
Have you read my entire post? Part of it says:

I said:
Look for the DoomBuilder config on this message board and then put it in your DoomBuilder directory. Then tell it to use that config.

I really hope you aren't trying to use the config.cfg from SRB2. I shall state again that that config is not the one you want. You're supposed to use the DoomBuilder config.

and where EXACTLY can i find it?

Acording to my idiotic computer,that link doesn't exist even though I know it does.Thanks though.

EDIT:I got it.how did I fix the link you say?I have my ways..mwahahah...

EDIT2:Still doesn't work

You have to put it in your DoomBuilder folder. Do you think that DoomBuilder will magically find your config file if it's in some random spot on your hard drive? :P

I'm sorry, but you have to be more descriptive. All you need to do is put the configuration file into your DoomBuilder folder, as in, the folder which holds all the program data. Then, when you use DoomBuilder, it should show up in the list of profiles. If it doesn't, you're either acting dumb or your computer is really messed up.

If you're still confused, then try this simple, simple article:
http://www.sepwich.com/hotdog/stars/index.php?title=DoomBuilder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back