Xbox 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
264513_YizGpvXPJwLjNxsfCkpxEMDHq.jpg

http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/09/09/please-observe-the-xbox-1080-handheld-console-prototype/

The handheld is official, but that design isn't. But it looks like Microsoft will now finally be competing with Nintendo and Sony. Will it be better than the PSP? Or far worse?

If they'd swap the dpad and left thumbstick out, I'd like the controller setup better.

And it's about time we saw a Microsoft handheld.

That looks like pretty awkward design, what with the screen popping up like that. But as Chaos said, its hopefully not the final. I wonder how big the screen will end up being.

It's not made by them, it was made by someone else as a concept design.

I just hope that thing will support Xbox and Xbox 360 games so I can play those games.

It'll probably let you connect it to your 360 or something and verify you own a specific game in disc form (or on demand), from which you can download it to the onboard storage ala Xbox 360's games on demand.

Last edited:
It'll probably let you connect it to your 360 or something and verify you own a specific game, from which you can download it to the onboard storage ala Xbox 360's games on demand.

Well, what I actually meant is that I can get myself those Xbox games because I don't own an Xbox 360 or Xbox myself.

The handheld is official

You sure about that? After reading those articles, it seems more like a rumor to me. Again, Microsoft has made software for Nintendo's handhelds. I just don't see them making their own portable gaming device. Unless you count the Zune HD, that is, since it's got a 3D acceleration chip in there, but that sort of thing just puts it on the level of iPhone/iPod Touch (AKA not really a gaming device).

Eh, if I want a "does all" multimedia device, I'll just get my Pandora. Hopefully, hopefully, it should be shipping in a month or two.

Ew

Anyways, I'd rather only have 2 handhelds. 3 is going to make it a mess. I don't want my favorite games being spread across 3 different handhelds.

kthx

For once, i think i actually like Xbox.

I hope they don't put rubbish games like Ubisoft sprayed all over the DS, though.
And they better have a Halo game. :P I like Halo.

That is, if it's coming out.

Wow, that looks weird. Hopefully, this is a rumor; I don't really like the idea of micro$oft making a handheld. Considering how shoddily made the 360 is, I'm not really expecting too much from the idea. If it does happen to be true, whatever then.

I don't like the design but the screen popping in and out of the little device could be interesting. Good thing that's not the final device.

I honestly don't care though. I'll just pick whichever handheld has the most interesting games to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back