Sonic Boom: A new Sonic cartoon series, coming Fall 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean like Sonic Rush Adventure, because the Extra Boss in Colors DS was literally shoe-horned into the story just for the sake of having a Super Sonic boss fight.
In Sonic Rush Adventure though, where the Extra Boss is you fighting a metal wizard controlled by the Eggmen, the whole existence of the latter is subtly spoilered as you progress throughout the story, from Whisker's general design to him saying after his boss fight "If I don't bring this plunder back... Then ye shall all know his wrath, savvy?", explaining that he was working for someone else.

Well, the Sonic Colors DS storyline follows the Wii version storyline, unless you take the unlockable missions storyline, where Sonic, Shadow, and Omega discover a console in (I think it was Astroid Coaster?) and discover a project Eggman was working on known as project mother. At the unlockable ending we see he meant the Nega Mother Wisp which is the final boss for Super Sonic.

Well, the Sonic Colors DS storyline follows the Wii version storyline, unless you take the unlockable missions storyline, where Sonic, Shadow, and Omega discover a console in (I think it was Astroid Coaster?) and discover a project Eggman was working on known as project mother. At the unlockable ending we see he meant the Nega Mother Wisp which is the final boss for Super Sonic.

SHADOW?
OMEGA?
In SONIC COLOURS!?

Oh, I see. So it wasn't shoe-horned in like I thought.
Yeah, I see what you mean now.

SHADOW?
OMEGA?
In SONIC COLOURS!?

off-topic
Yeah the DS version has a bit of a different storyline in terms of unlockable missions. Almost every modern Sonic character appears. Sonic and tails appear for obvious reasons, rouge is sent there by the government, and she wants to get some rings/gems from starlight carnival, amy follows sonic for he is the love of her life, cream wants to have fun on all the rides, Shadow and Omega come for the hell of it, (Omega also questions shadow why he does not try to stop eggman, he replies that he doesn't see a point, and omega confirms that shadow is as strong as sonic in the modern games, meaning shadow can boost and all that), Silver comes to have fun on the rides, yet he hates all the ones he has been on such as "The ride of the future", in which he commented "this is nothing like the future where I am from", Blaze comes to acompany silver, Espio Vector and charmy were hired to go and investigate/collect data from planet wisp, big is here searching for froggy (of course big looses froggy again...its called a leash big, use it), and knuckles appears, I think (I say I think because I sorta forgot) because he saw rouge coming here. It was pretty cool seeing all the characters appear, but not join up with sonic carrying out their own purposes.

On-topic
Even without the emeralds, I think these games will be great (seeing how the 3DS and the Wii U versions will feature different storylines). I am not ashamed to say I loved Sonic 06, and I see some of it in Sonic Boom, as well as some Adventure 1/2, and some Heroes stuff in here. Basically I think this game will be a fusion of all loved games and put into a mixed gameplay styled game. I like how there will be combat in the game, it will remind me of Shadow (the game), and sorta Sonic Heroes as the power character, with a bit of a action-game taste of gameplay. I honestly believe this will be a great game for both Wii U and 3DS.

For the money and time they are spending, they just can't afford to make it a bad game. I believe it will be a game that will please many.

I'm also happy that we get to control some characters back instead of just Sonic. The removal of Chaos Emeralds may be a good thing or a bad thing, we really can't make any assumptions until we actually get to see it for ourselves.

Oh yeah. I saw this video on Tails' Channel when it was first published. I'm shocked actually on how much the new voice actor for Tails sounds extremely similar to the previous voice actor for Tails.

I really like Knuckles' voice. I got shocked when I saw the voice actors. I mean, the girl who voices Tails would sound kinda surreal if you meet her in person. o_O

Definitely weird...but in a good way. My only problem is Amy's VA...another Minnie Mouse-esque type of thing. Lisa Ortiz we need you.

I totally agree. The current voice actor looks like it's not going to match up with the current Amy design for Sonic Boom. It's like having a teenage girl voice a little girl. It just doesn't fit the character.

I really like Roger Craig Smith (Sorry if I mispelled his name) as Sonic's VA. It really fits in the character. Also, pay attention to the conversation between Eggman and Sonic. They mention multiple Knuckles from OTHER DIMENSIONS. Does that mean that we may see the original Sonic characters with these new Sonic characters? That would be interesting. Specially Knuckles from Boom talking to the Knuckles we know today... :3

I really like Roger Craig Smith (Sorry if I mispelled his name) as Sonic's VA. It really fits in the character. Also, pay attention to the conversation between Eggman and Sonic. They mention multiple Knuckles from OTHER DIMENSIONS. Does that mean that we may see the original Sonic characters with these new Sonic characters? That would be interesting. Specially Knuckles from Boom talking to the Knuckles we know today... :3
A Sonic Generations sorta episode, sounds cool. :D

I approve of this cartoon's basketball legs and it's unfitting cute echidna heads on huge bodies, as it inspired me to work on the followed project.

nyznmg.png

Bark the polar bear

this thing about knuckles really shocked me because I do not like this change (if you say it took anabolic steroids at the same time) I admit that I watched a few episodes and I sonic boom, but I hate the knuckles! I do not want to be like that and his future glider, GUNZ, Gemini and many echidna!

this thing about knuckles really shocked me because I do not like this change (if you say it took anabolic steroids at the same time) I admit that I watched a few episodes and I sonic boom, but I hate the knuckles! I do not want to be like that and his future glider, GUNZ, Gemini and many echidna!

To be honest, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. Hell, most people will just get used to it and not be bothered by the new designs.

Last edited:
It's still in development. Give it some time so the graphics can approve.
I'm aware, still sorta bothers me that the rest of the game's visuals look so good, but the character models don't.

Guess it has something to do with CryEngine 3's engine tools being so useful for creating lush environments.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Lush Environments, Weird model. Although, in this picture the model looks alright.
sonic-boom-video-game-03-sonic1391691295jpg-1e07e1_610w.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back