Pokemon Crystal-the hardcore way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since everyone here seems to be requesting their nicks for use in here, I guess I'll join the bandwagon, though I have no clue what Pokemon I'd like to be.

Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard?

I doubt (as in 100% doubt) i'll be added in. but if you want to...

Make me a scyther

if you can't get one in the bug catching contest, make me a tentacool instead.

Chisuun said:
Since everyone here seems to be requesting their nicks for use in here, I guess I'll join the bandwagon, though I have no clue what Pokemon I'd like to be.

Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard?
You do know that Charmander isn't available in Crystal, right? :P Sonicandtails is playing this on an emulator, so I don't think he'll be able to catch one.
This also reminds me of when I was playing Gold recently, with the Lameboy emulator on my DS. I actually named all of the pokemon I caught after some of the members here. It was a much easier way of picking names, as opposed to coming up with them myself.

Anyway, there is a Snorlax in Kanto that you'll bump into, I hope you don't wind up naming it after me. =P (Assuming you actually catch it.)

Guys. Stop. You took the Poliwag Flame thing the wrong way.

BlazingPhoenix said:
I want to be a Ho
Fixed.

super said:
I wouldn't mind being named after an Noctowl, but its your choice.
You got it the wrong way around unless you want your forum name changed to Noctowl. You meant to say "I wouldn't mind a Noctowl named after me"

Supersonic2p3 said:
Can I be a munchlax, oh wait munchlax is in sinnoh, wait but snorlax is in jhotto so shouldn't munchlax be there too?
No, shut up. Crystal's set before Diamond and Pearl anyway, so a reasonable explanation is that nobody's found a baby Snorlax yet. Alternatively, it could be that nobody's bred a Snorlax holding a Full Insense at the time.

Ops, Thanks Ill begin,
Apparently Pokemon Crystal is the best one out of the portables, I never played it so I would never know but could one of you guys explain how this is called the best?

I want to be a Dragonair/Dragonite please

Also good luck, the puzzules in the game are completely hard.
Oh, and if you wanna catch me, you better be as fast as Sonic, 'cause there's only one thing blocking my way to the 2nd ending: the PKMN Trainer Red, also known as...
Wait, what was his other name already? Gah...

Did you guys completely overlook I'll Begin's post?
I'll Begin said:
Btw, glaber, you can't catch Vulpix in Crystal, IIRC.

I just figured out what Cyndaquil is. It's an echidna! Pointy spikes and a long, anteater-like nose.

Dr.Pepper said:
Did you guys completely overlook I'll Begin's post?
I'll Begin said:
Btw, glaber, you can't catch Vulpix in Crystal, IIRC.
In that case, I'll take whatever looks the closest to a fox that's catachable

Fyrus said:
I just figured out what Cyndaquil is. It's an echidna! Pointy spikes and a long, anteater-like nose.
Because of this post, the next Cyndaquil I get is going to be named "FireKnux"

Can you get Articuno in Crystal? Damn favourite.

Ok, obviously, that one is a bit over the top, considering it not being particularly easy to get...

Wish I remembered my old Gold party, before I horribly mutilated it with a plethora of "legendary" Pokemon.

One particular favourite of a play through Silver (I had both games) was Arcanine. Fast, powerful. Though, IIRC, don't they appear late in the game - after the E4?

Staryu/Starmie were also ones I was fond of. Being pretty versatile with its special attacks (Water, ice, psychic, thunder), it could do a good job in a pinch. Being fast, with high defense, meant it was retty dangerous. Staryu is found in some water, commonly; Mahogany or Olivine (Towns? Been a while).

One thing I tend to do whenever I play through the games is catch ONLY the Pokemon I want, unless it's rare (In which case I'll deposit it in a box ASAP). Good thing? I can focus on the ones I give a damn about. Bad... well, tends to take a while until I get a full party. My last playthrough Silver, I didn't have a full party until the 7th Gym. Though it does wotk rather well, since I end up with a few Pokemon of high level (Beating the second leader by some 5 levels, the most extreme was being 10 levels higher than a leader during Pokemon Diamond).

Naga said:
Can you get Articuno in Crystal? Damn favourite.

Wish I remembered my old Gold party, before I horribly mutilated it with a plethora of "legendary" Pokemon.

One particular favourite of a play through Silver (I had both games) was Arcanine. Fast, powerful. Though, IIRC, don't they appear late in the game - after the E4?
Articuno is awesome, though I don't think it's available in Crystal. It's Gen 1, IIRC.

Not once have I done that to my parties. It made me cocky when I demolished my friends bird legendary team over Wifi with my Jolteon/Umbreon combo. :D

To get Arcanine, you needed a Fire Stone on Growlithe, IIRC.

Cyndaquil is obviously a porcupine.

Compare these two images:

porcupine.jpg

cyndaquil.jpg

Plus the fact the cyndaquil's name is derived from cinder and quill. I'm under the impression that echidnas don't have quills.

EDIT: My impression was wrong.

Maybe they used quill because they couldn't decide which it was when they made it so they just said whatever and used the thing that they both have.
Or he's an echidna

He seems to have more of a resemblance to an echidna if you ask me, what with the long snout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back