Complaint to all Moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzo

Alright, I think i've seen enough here to make something out of it.

Lately, I feel that the mods have been abusing their powers. Yes, I know, that's quite a remark to make, but low and behold, in this case, it's actually true.

Lets start with this guy.
http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1999
Look's like a new user. Not ever freakin' 20 posts later, he's suspended. Why? Well, lets take a good look!
LINK
Oh, whats this? A few grammatical errors? No big red bold text, no outright bad behaviour, and...a suspension? You've really got to be kidding me. You guys can do better than this.

Exhibit Two:
http://www.ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/search.php?search_author=tails11
While this guy has already been tempbanned, it seems this ban has been put back on for no reason! n00bish typing and actions? Thats IT? Not even a single flame war?

Ok, I think you guys are starting to see what I mean. You guys are tempbanning newcomers for ignorance and sloppiness. Hell, it took me a full page worth's of a flame war to get tempbanned, and that was a year ago! It clearly looks like you guys are just tempbanning possible but not definite troublemakers, when you goddamn feel like it. It's clearly the moderator's that are causing this to happen, because I don't see Furious or Mystic going out and banning people for a good time.

While I do not know everything that happens with the administration actions, from what's been given to me, I have reason to believe you guys are really banning people for something that can be suggested to work on.
Don't think I forgot about you, Bigboi/Ritz.

Warnings are sent via PM. They more then likely go ignored. If a user doesn't listen to the warning, a second warning follows. If the second warning goes ignored, a tempban is issued. There is no moderator abuse here that I see. I think you're just used to seeing the red moderator text which isn't there.

Yes, Dark Warrior is correct. Sending messages via PM is the most reliable way we have to warn members who break the rules. You may not notice the administrative action that we take, as it is mostly done in private, but it is there. Our three warning system provides them with enough chances for them to realize what they're doing wrong. If they continue to ignore these warnings, they get banned (which is usually what happens).

Both of these users were given three warnings, and were tempbanned because of it. I'm sure you remember the announcement we made about the 3-strike system that started when we got more Moderators. The system did exactly what it is intended to do: Get rid of people who repeatedly break small rules. ShadowFreak69's 3 warnings were Useless Posting, Grammar, and Grammar. Each of the warnings told him what the consequences would be if he continued breaking rules, yet he ignored our words and continued. For that reason, he was tempbanned. tails11's 3 warnings were Messenger Boy for Banned User, Useless Posting, and Stupidity. Again, 3 warnings, and with each one, he was warned of the consequences of his actions. Like everyone else, he was tempbanned after his third warning.

First you people claim we aren't doing enough to control the problems on the MB, then you complain that we're doing too much. Geeze, make up your mind, people.

Okay, tails11 was suspended earlier this morning. So, why didn't you mention that part? And yes, He evaded ban A LOT.

Edit: FF beat me to it. :(

It seems FF made it here before I did, but I'm just going to add something.
Spazzo said:
You guys are tempbanning newcomers for ignorance and sloppiness.
Ignorance is not an excuse for rule-breaking, it never has been. The rules are very clearly displayed.

EDIT: Also, here's some food for thought - moderators can't ban anyone. I just thought I'd make that clear, as I re-read Spazzo's post and it looked like he was unclear on what moderators can actually do to users. (Fun fact: moderators actually can't do anything to users, only to threads and the posts within them.)

FF, I think they want more of a public notice then a simple, unviewable private ones, which is understandable. That way, they know why a user was banned/suspended. True, they don't NEED to know, but it also does a lot to show that moderators aren't abusing their powers meaninglessly.

Tets, I can Believe that. I'm a Mod for another forum (That pretty much died because of bn Evading Noobs that would switch IPs.) so I know the cans and Can'ts of a Moderator. Mods can edit posts and give warns, and that's about it. Only administrators can actually ban People.

I will be Perfectly freaking Honest, as my original intention for being here was as a Messenger for a banned user. More Specifically (Go ahead and Hate me for this) his name is ZASH.

I read the rules, so I knew it was against the Rules. He only needed me to ask questions about SRB2 editing, and that was about it. Guess what? I got his questions in, but I realized something. I was doing it all for him; not for myself like I should have done. Go ahead guys. Give me a Warn. Give me a Tempban. Give me some kind of Punishment for breaking the rules.

*Hands over Mystic a banhammar*

Dark Warrior said:
FF, I think they want more of a public notice then a simple, unviewable private ones, which is understandable. That way, they know why a user was banned/suspended. True, they don't NEED to know, but it also does a lot to show that moderators aren't abusing their powers meaninglessly.
If any publicity at all, I would think the red text, such as in one of my posts would be enough. Otherwise, I sort of agree.
Sykotic said:
I read the rules, so I knew it was against the rules. He only needed me to ask questions about SRB2 editing, and that was about it. Guess what? I got his questions in, but I realized something. I was doing it all for him; not for myself like I should have done. Go ahead guys. Give me a warn. Give me a tempban. Give me some kind of punishment for breaking the rules.

*Hands over Mystic a banhammer*
(Psst... common nouns don't often need capitalization.) *shot*

Grammar aside, unless they somehow didn't figure it out yet, I think they would have banned you already. Otherwise, if that can be regarded as the past, and the newer rules were announced afterwards, I'm pretty sure you would be left off with only a minor warning, if anything at all.

I'm sure we all appreciate the honesty, but don't look on a previous event as your doom. The way I look at it is that the past is useless if it doesn't have anything to do with the present. Anyone who can learn from their mistakes and understand how a forum works should be perfectly fine, as long as they don't keep disobeying the rules. If you spam like there's no tomorrow, your infriction on the rules is not going to be ignored by the authorities. If you realize you did something wrong and aim not to do it again, your fate's not going to be so dark.

Umm, buddy, hate to break it to you, but ah....

Pop was more than likely banned for making stupid, idiotic and Pointless Posts.

pop said:
I thought there where 2 tails 11s one was TAILS 11 and the other tails11. o.O

metalsonic5555 said:
Okay, tails11 was suspended earlier this morning. So, why didn't you mention that part? And yes, He evaded ban A LOT.
Does that explain it? (Yes, I know he [pop] was banned, but I wanted to make that point.)

Its true what both Spazzo and the others say, but I don't understand why the admins would give people moderator abilities when they are hardly around. The only 2 I see around often are Shuffle and FoxBlitzz. Of course, thats their choice.

Furiousfox said:
ShadowFreak69's 3 warnings were Useless Posting, Grammar, and Grammar

I don't really think people should be warned twice for the same thing, unless its really, really bad. And I don't think SF69's grammar was all that horrible.

Hey, a Moderator made the Decision to do that, so what's our right to question them? They WERE made Mods because they were seen as trustworthy by the administrator.

^Woot cookies!

I think it was because Taills was ban evading constantly (11,12, now 13?)
so that may be what it was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back