• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Wee, my boredom is deadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penopat

dispenser erection
Looping Linedefs execs done by a continuously moving Gargoyle in a loop. It uses springs, in which it hits the ceiling, slides on an activation sector, and slides into another spring, which hits the celing, etc, etc...

Although I know someone has come with a more effective way to do this same thing, I thought of this on my own.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mi26lk

It has a constantly rising and lowering ice/lava area, which after the lava lowers, a littte ice rises up, and lava comes up again, etc etc, along with stop/start buttons. Oddly entertaining.

Note: I have only tested this in Software Windows in the FMOD .exe, if it has any problems for some random reason in any mode, tell me.

I just use nice, slow, small conveyers. :\ As far as I know, I was the first to come up with the idea of looping linedef execs for a Marble Zone crusher, but never actually implemented such a thing in a wad. Several people did shortly after, I'm sure.

I tried conveyors, they were very painful and usually don't seem to keep a steady speed. Could't we really adjust the speed of this using large, realllly slippery floors after the springs so it would just slide across a large distance?

Shuffle said:
Wow.. what was the point of that?

You could pull of some potentially neat stuff with this, you just gotta think about it, I guess.

And GCFreak, You really aren't supposed to enter that area, I just had it inside for observation purposes. Now stop doing stuff like that to a statue.

Penopat said:
And GCFreak, You really aren't supposed to enter that area, I just had it inside for observation purposes. Now stop doing stuff like that to a statue.

Then put an invisible tangible FOF around the border so I can't enter that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back