Sonic 06 PC Port

Status
Not open for further replies.
That PC Port is actually a Remake, it all started as a very enhanced Blitz3D game with the Goal of Recreating the game for the PC and was later moved to Unity, It's lead Programmer is "Gistix" .

That PC Port is actually a Remake, it all started as a very enhanced Blitz3D game with the Goal of Recreating the game for the PC and was later moved to Unity, It's lead Programmer is "Gistix" .

So, was the project started without sega's permission like any other fan game?

I am the only one considered about SEGA's impression when the port is finished? All that hard work? It gets me paranoid considering the fact there was someone who made a Mario fan game (it was a scene creator) and Nintendo requested the author to take it down (on Newgrounds), the amount of replies to the author about it was hilarious but shocking.

Also on ROM sites like CoolROM.com, Nintendo did a hell lot of removing. I mean, yes it's a Mario game and it's Nintendo but what if SEGA were the same? I mean, think about that Sonic Boom Fire & Ice crud and imagine.

(Unless Gistix is getting permission and I just wasted time typing this.)

SEGA doesn't do fan takedowns. Nintendo can swing its weight around (and does) without impacting their sales too much, but SEGA's finances aren't in a position where they can alienate their fans. Anything that increases their brand awareness is considered good.

Well if I may interject and steer this topic back on course, I'm purely indifferent to Sonic 06. While it's not as bad as a game as many made it out to be (and is better than Sonic Boom for Wii U by a country mile), it was still a pretty bad game. Nothing about this thing is polished, the story only barely manages to work, as like somebody previously said, the only thing holding the levels together in terms of progression is story, and it's just not good at all.
One thing I will give Sonic 06 though is it is no where near as boring as Sonic Boom. Seriously, at least this game has a good soundtrack, and can manage to keep your attention somewhat. But like I said, I don't hate or like this game, just indifferent. So a remake to this game has no real priority in my mind. I don't expect big things from these guys, but if it succeeds, I'll try it.

Last edited:
Not to mention they decided "that game" should be given CGI that will make people have the same reaction to 4D for the first time, and yet, only little scenes got that beautiful effects.

Sonic 06 stands out on only graphics and music, the gameplay would have been like Generations if SEGA didn't rush Sonic Team like they found a treasure island.

Speaking of rushing it, how long did Sonic Team even spend on the game itself, because as far as I know, its a bloody alpha build. It isn't even the latest build they used, because it was apparently unstable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back