Won't Fix pulley grab glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prime 2.0

Pretty sure this was reported already, but the old topic is gone and the glitch is still here, so bear with me.

Some pulleys will send you way out into the air when you grab back on to them, to sorta float back towards the pulley all while still in the tailscarry state.

badgrab1.png

This does not happen on all pulleys, though on the ones it does happen on it is more likely to occur the closer you are to the pulley wheel. I have reproduced this glitch on the following pulleys:
badgrab.png

Additionally, all of the affected pulleys also make you "regrab" the rope after moving around the pulley wheel if you just stay on, which may be related to the main glitch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it has to do with misplaced Zoom Tube Waypoints, but don't quote me on that. It occurs in the three ropes which detour to the 1-Up, and the very last rope.

When I went through and fixed the other ACZ stuff, I didn't touch these for the sake of not accidentally breaking them worse. Someone more familiar with zoom tubes and ropes will probably need to take a look at them.

I've known about this bug ever since the ropes were implemented. IIRC, it occurs when you attach between the last and the first waypoint. On most of the rope setups I tried to organize the waypoint sequence so that it would be less likely that you'd attach on that section of the rope. For some reason the line calculation comes to an incorrect result and the game thinks that the rope line is somewhere else, making you slowly snap over to it.

It might be a fixed point type of error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back