[Exe Compiling] R_OpenGL.dll for SDL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the past, when making EXE mods, I've had to compile the game as direct-draw in order to get r_opengl.dll, and then SDL to get the EXE I want. Now I'm trying to compile an edit of SRB2PlusC, but it has some SDL-only functions (for the sound position stuff), so the direct-draw build won't complete. This means I'm unable to build the direct-draw build, so I'm unable to get r_opengl.dll for the edit.

This really leaves me wondering... How come r_opengl.dll doesn't get made when compiling for SDL, anyway?

I use Mingw for compiling it (as far as I'm aware), using this command in the "src" folder (just without "SDL=1" for direct-draw builds) to compile it:
make CC=gcc MINGW=1 SDL=1 WINDOWSHELL=1 NOUPX=1

I have not edited the "makefile" stuff, and I also haven't edited any of the files in the "src/hardware" folder (except for manually merging in some changes from the normal "master" branch that aren't in SRB2PlusC's 2.1.19 branch). I have copied every single file from the 2.1.19 source code of SRB2PlusC (into a completely new and empty folder), so I'm not missing any files (plus the SDL compile does finish the EXE, which it wouldn't if I was missing a lot of stuff).

The answer is that SDL doesn't need r_opengl.dll! It's statically linked in, as far as I'm aware (since both Software and GL modes actually use a hardware accelerated function to draw pixels to the screen in that executable), and is only included in the installer to make the DD version run OpenGL.

As such, it's unlikely to be included with 2.2, which we're aiming to make SDL only for reasons of minimal headaches.

The answer is that SDL doesn't need r_opengl.dll! It's statically linked in, as far as I'm aware -Snip to keep quote short-
...Well, that makes things a lot simpler for me, I think. I just tried renaming the existent r_opengl.dll to something else and then running SRB2 in OpenGL, and it works just fine without it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back