• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Shut Up and Get On It - That DUMP Ripoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very disoriented after playing your map, but that is the way it's supposed to be right? It's a very good map, though difficult without a flying character.

I just played the level and wow, this looks amazing. When I first saw this in the editing thread, I don't think my brain grasped how much of an acid trip this would be!

I know we're supposed to save our critiques 'till the end but I must say this, it is very disorienting to have everything be moving stripes, including the floating platform section. On the ground it's ok, but over a death pit with moderately sized platforms floating above what blends into the background is bad, even with the player shadow lua on. It's very difficult for me to judge where platforms are in 3D space relative to where I am and it's hard to tell where I should start slowing down my momentum mid-jump.

One suggestion I would have is maybe have a solid white for the platforms or have them blink black for 3 tics and the white 9, or maybe have a solid white side-texture?
Otherwise, the stage is REALLY awesome and looks really nice!

Last edited:
Okay it's Done, Mine Maze Revived, It took me 10 Hours to Build this, I Recreated some of the Old puzzles seen in Beta Mine Maze, and added my own stuff, Besides the map looks cool with some outdoor areas and is also well Detailed ( I Guess ), Everybody is welcome to give this a shot, Constructive criticism is very welcome ;) .

The map takes up to 4-5 Minutes to beat, has only 3 Rings, and few hidden stuff (Shields, Lifes, Token .... etc)

srb20044.png

Software mode is strongly recommended, Slopes may glitch in OGL .

I Couldn't attach it, So i just uploaded it elsewhere :

Code:
Download: [URL="https://www.dropbox.com/s/dibgu3mdf25n7n3/Sc_MineMaze.zip?dl=0"]https://www.dropbox.com/s/dibgu3mdf25n7n3/Sc_MineMaze.zip?dl=0[/URL]
Title: Mine Maze
Credits: Myself for Making the map .
Notes: Run this in Software mode if you want weather effects / Don't want slopes to Glitch .

Last edited:
Appearantly connecting a floor slope to ceiling somehow does it (At least in OGL Mode), But i need them connected to ceiling, It's obviously a bug .

There might be other ways to cause this glitch too, You can clearly see that in Boinciel's map .

Last edited:
It's probably because OpenGL's support for slopes is incomplete in 2.1.15. If the bug in question isn't already fixed for the next version (I suspect I might have fixed it already actually), it'll probably be worked on soon hopefully.

If the bug in question isn't already fixed for the next version (I suspect I might have fixed it already actually),
Unless I did something wrong while merging your r_draw8.c with toaster's "fix gas jets and stuff on slopes" branch, there's no visible difference (for that issue) between your and the "current" r_draw8.c's rendering in hardware mode, both being equally glitchy on Boinciel's map. So I'm going to say it's not fixed. Edit: And if you mean you fixed it before your recent r_draw8.c fix thing, still not fixed.

Unless I did something wrong while merging your r_draw8.c with toaster's "fix gas jets and stuff on slopes" branch, there's no visible difference (for that issue) between your and the "current" r_draw8.c's rendering in hardware mode, both being equally glitchy on Boinciel's map. So I'm going to say it's not fixed. Edit: And if you mean you fixed it before your recent r_draw8.c fix thing, still not fixed.

Well yeah, it wouldn't affect hardware mode, r_draw8.c is part of the software renderer's code.

Perhaps you could create a colourmap effect just like for the rest of the level, except only having it affect the switch, and have the bottom of it 1 FracUnit above the top of the switch? Just an idea, I'm not sure how well it'd work.

This would still affect the player once the Switch is lowered, I Tried .

Last edited:
tEpcEyv.png

Code:
Download: [URL="https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqtojg9ap1qtbts/scr_retrohillzone.wad?dl=0"]Hello Heres the map[/URL]
Title: Retro Hill Zone
Credits: I did all this
Maintainer Notes: Stupidly Linear

I changed Marble zone to be a closing to the map instead of an entirely new section of the level, cause I didn't feel like working on the map anymore.

Last edited:
Lavender World Zone Announcement

Hey guys, so, about Lavender World Zone, i got 2 guys that will help me in the map, WELL wait, its not just 1 map, it will be 2 maps, 1 for the stage and 2 for the boss, so, the 2 guys who gonna help me are ManimiFire (or Manimi the FireHog) that will make the boss script, and Strike Warrior Hog will make the boss proyectile (tasks too short but well, its just a little help), so thats my Announcement.

Hey look mum, it's a level!

c62e7dece9.bmp

Code:
Download: It's in the attachments
Title: Concrete Jungle Zone
Credits: Me and myself, with special thanks to I.
Maintainer Notes: Has rain in, so don't go using OpenGL or you'll destroy the water cycle.  Emblems use numbers 1-5 and the map is on slot 1.

Edit: I've updated the map, incorporating the following changes.
New level select image.
A custom texture to help break up the monotony of building textures with some boarded up windows.
The turret section floods when you exit it, so now you cant hear the turret warm up throughout the whole level.
The sewer route has had the brightness bumped up a few notches to let you see better.
An extra skyway has been thrown up above the ramp into the little park area to keep players from being able to easily skip that entire section with a good thok.
Speaking of the park, the lowest part of that is now submerged.
Also, two hidden emblems have been added to the map and record attack emblems are also in place for a total of five.

Attachments

• ConcreteJungle.zip
    192.5 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back